Saving CB User After Changing Subscription Times Out

4 years 11 months ago #311908 by danpoole
SiteGround looked into it further and got back to me with the following, I can confirm everything work fine when I turn off the ACYMailing component.

========================================
I recreated the problem and I believe that it is somehow related to some of the Acymailing extensions. When I tried to save the changes, the PHP process handling my request started executing a large number of SQL queries like this:

UPDATE q74gf_acymailing_subscriber SET filterflags = REPLACE(filterflags, \"f619f\", \"\") WHERE filterflags LIKE \"%f619f%\"

The number of these queries was so large that until they execute, the script reached the apache timeout. I tried to increase it, but the issue persisted.

The changes started saving immediately and without any error after I disabled all Acymailing related extensions through the URL below:

www.emmett-technique-hq.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_installer&view=manage

Please take a look:

nimb.ws/JVWnMl

You should report the problem to your developer for further investigation.
========================================

So can you please direct me would this be a CBSubs AcyMailing issue or an outright Acymailing support issue?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #311916 by krileon
Seams like a problem in AcyMailing. We're not using their filter or tag API. We're using the below to give newsletter subscriptions to users.

Get the user to see if they exist in AcyMailing already:
www.acyba.com/acymailing/64-acymailing-developer-documentation.html#api_getusersub

Otherwise we create them:
www.acyba.com/acymailing/64-acymailing-developer-documentation.html#api_insertuser

Next add/remove subscriptions for that user:
www.acyba.com/acymailing/64-acymailing-developer-documentation.html#api_subscribe

We're not using any other AcyMailing API than that shown above. Our usage can be found in the below file.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/plugin/cbsubsacymailing/cbsubs.acymailing.php

The usage we have is no different than their current documentation so I'm not sure what to suggest.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn