CB Subs email sending breaks on email addresses being cloaked

4 years 11 months ago #311677 by cpaschen
For our CB subs we are using 'language strings' for the text and when those texts include an email address it appears the Joomla email protection is causing errors.

In the "Email on pending payment of manual renewal"*, Thank-you Email body (payment pending) we have the following:
UE_SUB_XXXXX_E_RENEWPEND_BODY

And we have "Send email in" set to Text

In the CB Language Override for the key UE_SUB_XXXXX_E_RENEWPEND_BODY we have:
For technical assistance or billing inquiries related to subscriptions, please contact PERSONS NAME, Administrative Assistant/Tech Support, at EMAIL@DOMAIN.org or (999) 999-9999.

However, when the user receives the email they get something like this:

Is there a way to disable cloaking when emails are sent via CBSubs?
(We still need it enabled in other places of the web site)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #311678 by cpaschen
Interesting ... when I attempted to paste the code (in a code block) that is being displayed into the forum post I got a 'Unauthroized' error message here on the site.

Here's the first part of what is being displayed in the email to users :
For technical assistance or billing inquiries related to subscriptions, please contact PERSONS NAME, Administrative Assistant/Tech Support, at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

This is then followed by a bit of HTML or javascript code.

4 years 11 months ago #311709 by krileon
Joomlas email cloaking is being ran on anything that's sent through content.prepare and that Joomla plugin doesn't have a feature to exclude contexts so best I can suggest is disable it and see if there's a 3rd party one with better features or if you're not actually using content plugin usages in your plan (e.g. emails, description, name, etc..) then edit your plan and set "Prepare content using CMS Content plugins" to "No, do not run CMS {...} triggers".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago #311751 by cpaschen
Thanks for mentioning the 3rd party option. I've installed the Regular Labs Email Protection (and disabled the core) and will report back here after some testing (in case others have this same issue).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn