Pro-Rata Subscription

4 years 10 months ago #312261 by GizaLook
Pro-Rata Subscription was created by GizaLook
Hi, I need a subscription that starts on 01st October of each and continues until 31st September the following year.

The annual cost is £55, although members can join/ subscribe at any point in the year and pay a pro-rata price (one month is simply 1/12th of the £55).

I can't see if the subscriptions handles this, if not is there an alternative route I could go down?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #312263 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Pro-Rata Subscription

Hi, I need a subscription that starts on 01st October of each and continues until 31st September the following year.

Use a duration of "This calendar year" then adjust the "Start date of calendar year" to "10-01".

The annual cost is £55, although members can join/ subscribe at any point in the year and pay a pro-rata price (one month is simply 1/12th of the £55).

You should be able to do that using CBSubs Promotions. Under Timing tab of your promotion set "Apply this promotion" to "Prorata only on the missed period units of calendar user subscription plans only" for a "Applies to all purchases" promotion.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312264 by GizaLook
Replied by GizaLook on topic Pro-Rata Subscription
Thanks for your response, I've just installed the CBSubs Promotions and got the error below.
#__cbsubs_geo_zones' doesn't exist

Is there something else I nee to install?

Sorry, disregard this, I have just installed the CBSub_Mailer & CBSubs_Tax and it appears to be working.

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: RebeccaWool

4 years 10 months ago #312267 by GizaLook
Hi,
I'm still having problems getting my promotion to work.
1. I've created my plan, which is an annual plan costing £55, regular validity 1 year.
2. I've created my promotion, see attached images to show what I've got setup.

No matter what I change the the Gym Membership is always £55

I've setup up this plan and promotion as per your instructions.
Can you see where I've gone wrong?

Thanks
Attachments:

4 years 10 months ago #312272 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Pro-Rata Subscription
Please see the warning in the promotion settings. It directly states it will only work with calendar type durations. According to bullet point 1 you created a plan with a 1 year duration. You need to use the "This calendar year" duration then set "Start date of calendar year" to "10-01" to satisfy the requirements you supplied in your original post.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312279 by GizaLook
Thank you.
I could not work out what that message meant :-)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.313 seconds