Stripe Update Process

4 years 10 months ago #312700 by wjgadmin
Stripe Update Process was created by wjgadmin
Hi all,
I see in the latest version there is a newer version of stripe gateway (2019-03-04). Could you please let me know if I need to do something in the Stripe dashboard in order to update to this latest version or would I only update via our backend? Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #312708 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe Update Process
It's up to you if you want to use new API version features. Typically if you do you'd set CBSubs Stripe to the latest supported API version within your gateways settings using the "Stripe account API Version" parameter. Then within Stripe > Developers update your account to the latest API. Currently the latest API is "2019-05-16" and the latest supported in CBSubs Stripe is "2019-03-14". There are no breaking changes in "2019-05-16" so you are safe to upgrade to it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312710 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Stripe Update Process
Thank you for this.

It's up to you if you want to use new API version features

As per what I am aware of and regarding the latest stripe features; are you referring to ACH debit transfers, dispute handling & the requirements of using webhooks?

Currently we already use webhooks and we'd love to use ACH debit transfers, otherwise nothing should change by us updating to the latest version since we're already using webhooks correct?

4 years 10 months ago #312712 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe Update Process

As per what I am aware of and regarding the latest stripe features; are you referring to ACH debit transfers, dispute handling & the requirements of using webhooks?

ACH Debit Transfers and User Authentication (3D Secure) require an API update. Dispute handling does not. Webhook requirement is mandatory regardless of version.

Currently we already use webhooks and we'd love to use ACH debit transfers, otherwise nothing should change by us updating to the latest version since we're already using webhooks correct?

Correct, all you need to do is change the version in CBSubs Stripe and upgrade the version in your Stripe account.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312713 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Stripe Update Process
Thank you :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds