[#7624] Stripe Prorating

4 years 8 months ago #313224 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Stripe Prorating
This is consistently happening yes. Please let me know what we need to do to get to the bottom of this. We've just had another member upgrade to another subscription, in this case it was auto prorated via CBSubs and the same issue has occurred. In stripe it shows their subscription, however the initial payment didn't go through & it shows an not paid in CBSubs. So the user's old subscription is still active even though they've upgraded. Due to this, the user may still get charged for their old subscription because it's not yet cancelled.

I am very concerned because we have this scenario happen frequently and we have never had this issue until the latest update. Please let me know what you need from me and I'll make sure you get it. Would you like access to look for yourself? I can create a temporary account if that would help.
I will now have to contact the new user and invoice them for the initial amount as well. We try not to inconvenience our users unless absolutely necessary, as I'm sure you guys do as well :)
Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 8 months ago #313226 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe Prorating
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look. I'm unable to reproduce your issue in my testing environment so I've no idea what's causing it. Note it's end of week and I will not be able to get to your install review until Monday or Tuesday (CB Activity 5.0.0 is releasing next week so that'll take some time preparing).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 8 months ago #313247 by krileon
Ok, was able to confirm and replicate your issue. Am investigating further to fix as quickly as possible. Seams to only happen when a new customer object is generated and a payment method is attached at the same time as the initial payment. Doesn't seam to impact existing Stripe customer objects.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7624

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 8 months ago #313248 by krileon
Ok, was able to identify and fix the issue. Once reviewed and merged we'll release a new CBSubs build with this fixed. Hopefully today or tomorrow at the latest.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

4 years 8 months ago #313249 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Stripe Prorating
Most excellent, is there anyway to be notified when the release is available? I think we usually get an email but if it’s possible to get it updated sooner I’d love to. Thank you for the timely resolution!

4 years 8 months ago #313250 by krileon
It'll be released as a build release so you should see the pending update in backend once your update cache refreshes. I'll also reply here once it has been released.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn