[#7687] Duplicate payments for same sub via PayPal Pro

4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #313808 by cjmicro
we have had this happen about 30% of the time in the past few months, people pay for subscription and it charges them twice through PayPal.

I will attach subscription and payment basket & pp screen.

I can't figure out where this is coming from but since it has happened frequently (and just started happening recently) I do not feel it's user error. Can you give me any ideas on what to check? I did just update to cb subs 4.0.1 but did not see that as an issue in the changelogs.

Thank you,
Cheryl
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #313809 by krileon
Strange, even has 2 different transaction numbers. Maybe they're mashing the button and submitting more than once? CBSubs should be protecting against that by blocking form submit while it's already submitting though. What type of plan is being purchased (subscription, merchandise, or donation) and where (registration or from profile)?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #313810 by cjmicro
Unfortunately I don't know where from. i just can't imagine all these people are hitting the submit button twice (it has happened a bunch).
Subscription plan (not same plan either we have a few)
Most likely from profile, as i THINK they are mostly renewals.

Also note the duplicate payments are the same payment basket and same Item #, although diff transaction #s in paypal.

4 years 7 months ago #313821 by cjmicro
Kyle, also the payment is being posted twice in paypal, but his subscription is only valid for the one year.

4 years 7 months ago #313823 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials (see signature for link) and will take a look. Am not seeing any issues with double payments in my tests, but should know more after reviewing your CBSubs logs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #313825 by krileon
Looks like it's possible for this to happen when using the Website Payments Pro API instead of the Payflow implementation. I'm not sure why though. There's no redirect in place to double pay and it blocks duplicate invoices in my tests. Have added a bug ticket and will debug further to see what's going wrong.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7687

Notice for the duplicate payments on your site INVNUM in the request data when reviewing their notifications in CBSubs > Notifications are the same. This is supposed to stop it from paying that same invoice twice. This works fine in my tests, but I'm not sure why the duplicate payment isn't blocked in yours (we of course need to fix it even attempting a duplicate payment). Maybe a missing setting within your Website Payment Pro settings within your account?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn