Changing a users plan in admin

4 years 6 months ago #314043 by tmoran
Changing a users plan in admin was created by tmoran
Hi,

Is it possible to change the plan a user has purchased in the backend? A user purchased a plan which he wasn't entitled to and I want to add him to the the correct subscription without having to cancel his subscription, refund his money and get him to re subscribe.

I do not want subscribers to have the option of upgrading plans themselves, however need the ability to upgrade a member to Full Membership once they have served their 5 years as a restricted member. Can this be done, or better still, can it be automated once their subscription has reached the 5 year criteria? (Perhaps based on conditionals?)

Many thanks,
Tony
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago #314052 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Changing a users plan in admin
There's no means of easily changing the users subscription plan when it comes to recurring subscriptions. If it's a single payment you can just edit the subscription within CBSubs > Subscriptions by clicking the number under the Id column and changing it there.

For recurring subscriptions that's not an option as the recurring payment is tied to the basket and not the plan so the entire basket chain in the database would need to be modified, which just isn't realistic as it'd be incredibly easy to break it. For recurring subscriptions the best option is for the user to cancel and subscribe to the correct plan. If you really want to try diving into the database to correct it you'll need to modify the relevant data in the below tables.

_cbsubs_payment_baskets
_cbsubs_payments
_cbsubs_payment_items
_cbsubs_payment_totalizers
_cbsubs_subscriptions

Specifically columns associated with the basket and subscription like plan_id, description, and item_name.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #314057 by tmoran
Replied by tmoran on topic Changing a users plan in admin
Hi Krileon,

That was all I needed to do!
eWAY doesn't allow for recurring repayments, so it was just the membership plan I wanted to change. Now it has been changed, will the renewal notice sent in 12 months time be for the new plan or old one?

That's for the prompt response.

4 years 6 months ago #314066 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Changing a users plan in admin

Now it has been changed, will the renewal notice sent in 12 months time be for the new plan or old one?

Emails are tied to the subscription so it should send for the new plan since you changed the subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn