Doing a bulk assignment of users to particular plans

4 years 4 months ago #315176 by llau
Hi there,

I've recently installed CB Subs on my site and I have over 1000 users right now. I want to be able to do a bulk/mass assignment of a bunch of users to a particular plan and was wondering what is the best way to do this.

Thank you kindly,
V

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago #315186 by krileon
You can use the CBSubs Import feature built into CBSubs to do that. That's basically the only way to mass assignment a subscription plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: llau

4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #315190 by llau
Awesome, thanks Krileon!

I'm assuming there is no interface (eg. checkbox list to select each user) that allows us to select specific users to assign to a particular plan, but then I'm sure I can create a list of users as a csv file which I would want to "mass" assign all at once.

I have another question about how would be the best way to go about assigning a newly registered user to a particular default subscription plan? I created a default plan and did a test registration, but the new user does not belong to any plan for some reason.

Thanks in advance,
V

4 years 4 months ago #315198 by krileon

I'm assuming there is no interface (eg. checkbox list to select each user) that allows us to select specific users to assign to a particular plan

Correct, you could somewhat do that using CB > User Management but you'll have to edit each one.

but then I'm sure I can create a list of users as a csv file which I would want to "mass" assign all at once.

Yup, that'd work.

I have another question about how would be the best way to go about assigning a newly registered user to a particular default subscription plan? I created a default plan and did a test registration, but the new user does not belong to any plan for some reason.

Is the plan free lifetime? If so ensure free lifetime plans are configured to create subscriptions within CBSubs > Settings. Otherwise ensure your plan selection is available at registration. Beyond that there is no default subscription plan that's automatically applied to users; you'd need to use CB Auto Actions for that if you wanted to give them a subscription, but don't want them to select it at registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #315208 by llau
The default plan I want to assign a user when first registering is a 3 month free plan and below is a screenshot of my current settings:

The access settings "published" and "allow new subscriptions" are both yes, and the setting "Visible for Access level" is set to Registered as well, but I don't think that really matters in this case as a user will not be able to see any subscription plans when first registering on the site, only after the 3 month "free trial" period will they be able to see the other plans. They just get set to the default 3 month free plan first. So, I'm not sure if the subscribers user access level settings should be "No change"?

I'm not sure if it matters, but we're using CB Auto Actions version 6.2.1.

When I tried to create a new Auto Action, using the trigger "After user confirm", I don't seem to see a cbsubs field related to a subscription plan under the "Action" tab. Am I in the correct place to configure the default subscription?

Also, is it possible to use the Paypal Express Checkout with CB Subs yet?

Thanks!
V.
Attachments:

4 years 4 months ago #315212 by krileon

but I don't think that really matters in this case as a user will not be able to see any subscription plans when first registering on the site

Then they won't be able to select your plan during registration. There is no "default plan" functionality where it automatically assigns a plan to users during registration. The only way to do that for example is with CB Auto Actions acting on the after user registration trigger using a CB Paid Subscriptions action.

I'm not sure if it matters, but we're using CB Auto Actions version 6.2.1.

Doubt 6.x will work. I'm not sure it even comes with a CB Paid Subscriptions action. The release you're using is over a year old and is behind by 2 major versions.

When I tried to create a new Auto Action, using the trigger "After user confirm", I don't seem to see a cbsubs field related to a subscription plan under the "Action" tab. Am I in the correct place to configure the default subscription?

You need to change the Type of the auto action to CB Paid Subscriptions.

To have what you're wanting without CB Auto Actions you'll need to allow the plan to display on registration, mark it default, and set it as exclusive. It will then be given to anyone who registers, but it will be visible at registration which you could hide using CSS so they don't see it but it's still there and functional.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: llau

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn