Is there a [FOOTER] field that can be added to all emails that go to the users

4 years 1 month ago #316409 by RobertvanderHulst
I have been looking for a [FOOTER] or similar named field that can be included in emails sent to our customers from CbSubs. So for emails from the mailer module but also for the activation and renewal emails.
At this moment we are duplicating the same footer in every email and that is quite cumbersome.
Does something like this exist ?

Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #316415 by krileon
The EMAIL_NOTE_AUTOMATIC_GENERATION language key is sent with all emails that send the footer. You could change that to whatever you're wanting it to say. Suppose you could also use CB Auto Actions and a code action to modify the email message before it's sent using the onBeforeSendEmailMSG trigger. Example as follows.

Global
Triggers: onBeforeSendEmailMSG
Type: Code
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Action
Type: PHP
Code:
$variables['var5'] = $variables['var5'] . "\r\n\r\n" . 'FOOTER MESSAGE HERE';
Parameters
Reference Variables: Variable 5

In that trigger variable 5 is the message body and variable 4 is the message subject. Probably easiest to just modify EMAIL_NOTE_AUTOMATIC_GENERATION though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

4 years 1 month ago #316465 by RobertvanderHulst
Kyle,
Thanks for the information. I would like to change and use MAIL_NOTE_AUTOMATIC_GENERATION.

I did some tests and the MAIL_NOTE_AUTOMATIC_GENERATION text is only included for the mails that are generated from the plan itself (the "Thank You" and "workflow" emails.

Emails that are generated with the CbSubs Email plugin do not use this text.
Is this by design ? Or can I enable/disable this somewhere ?
Finally (for now) do you have a reference of all the allowed [FIELDNAME] substitutions somewhere. I could not find it, but I may have overlooked it.

Robert

4 years 1 month ago #316482 by krileon
CBSubs Emails calls our comprofilerMail function directly instead of using the cbNotification class and its email function where the footer is added. Since it does this it does not include the footer. For those emails you'll have to manually add the footer to them, but you shouldn't need to use CBSubs Emails integration unless you need to override from name, from address, or to address specifically. Have added a feature ticket to see if CBSubs Emails can be changed to use the cbNotification class.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7836

Finally (for now) do you have a reference of all the allowed [FIELDNAME] substitutions somewhere. I could not find it, but I may have overlooked it.

Yup, navigate to CB > Field Management. The field name substitutions are just whatever fields you have available.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 month ago #316489 by RobertvanderHulst
Kyle,

krileon wrote: C, but you shouldn't need to use CBSubs Emails integration unless you need to override from name, from address, or to address specifically. Have added a feature ticket to see if CBSubs Emails can be changed to use the cbNotification class.

We are using CBSubs Emails to send reminders 30 days before the expiration date, 10 days before etc.
Is that possible without CBSubs Emails ?
I could not find that ...

Robert

4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #316496 by krileon
CBSubs Emails doesn't have that functionality. Did you mean you're using CBSubs Mailer? Looks like CBSubs Mailer is also calling comprofilerMail directly so the footer won't exist there either. Have added to the above feature ticket to also implement usage of cbNotification API usage there as well. For now you'll have to add the footer manually to your emails sent via CBSubs Mailer. I suppose a workaround would be to create a Custom HTML field with your footer text then just substitute that field into the mailer.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn