Customer Name in Stripe Dashboard - uses Email Instead of First/Last Names

4 years 2 months ago #316729 by OTOA
In the attachment you'll see that the "Standard Membership for XXXX" records from CB (lines 1-4) are showing an email address in the Customer column instead of their name.

Other payments (lines 4-8) are coming through properly with a first & last name.

Any help?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 months ago #316735 by krileon
A customer object isn't created for non-recurring payments unless you configure CBSubs Stripe to do so. More than likely those payments don't have a customer object associated with them so they'll just show email address.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 months ago #316739 by OTOA
We already have this setting:
Use Stripe Customers for Single Payments

Set to YES

It seems like it should be creating the customer in Stripe? You're confirming those first and last name fields are sent over to Stripe, or at least they should be?

Thanks

4 years 2 months ago #316755 by krileon
First and Last Name are always sent as part of the credit card details. Enabling customer objects for single payments will have no impact on past purchases only new purchases. Click the payment and you should see they've a customer object attached to it, which should have their name in that customer object. I've no idea why Stripe decides to display email address instead of name sometimes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.380 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn