Autofill a field

4 years 3 weeks ago #316995 by gaylpunzalan
Autofill a field was created by gaylpunzalan
Hello, if I have a field called Member Number on the registration form, can this field be set to be filled with an alpha-numeric value?

Thank you for your help.

Gayl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 3 weeks ago #317010 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Autofill a field
Yes, create a Text field then adjust the validation on it under its Parameters > Validation tab. You can supply custom validation rules using a custom REGEXP or use one of the predefined validation rules.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #317027 by gaylpunzalan
Replied by gaylpunzalan on topic Autofill a field
Hello, I tried this, but it is not auto-filling the text field. It is still blank on the registration form. Doesn't the validation rule evaluate an input? In this case, I don't want the user to input anything, just fill that text field with nine characters automatically.

What do I do?

Gayl

4 years 3 weeks ago #317036 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Autofill a field
Ah, sorry I misunderstood your request. There's no functionality for automatically filling a field with data. You'd need something like CB Auto Actions to do that or I suppose you could try using CBSubs SQL Actions to alter the database if a user is required to always purchase a subscription then that'd be a means of working around needing CB Auto Actions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds