[#7905] Family Shared Plans

4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #317395 by joomally
[#7905] Family Shared Plans was created by joomally
I'm not able to get the family shared plans to work the way that I was expecting them to work.

User A is able to share the plan.
User B receives the email, clicks on the link, registers and then the plan appears under 'Your Subscriptions' on User B's profile page.
On User A's page, the share with user B has today's date in the 'Accepted' column.

But User B does not get the permissions associated with the plan.

The field 'Subscribers User access level settings' of the plan are set to the User Group 'subscribed'.
User A is correctly assigned to this group when they sign up to the plan.
But User B does not get assigned to this group, even after accepting the shared subscription by clicking on the link in the email (and even after then logging out and back in for good measure).

Have I done something wrong ? or have I misunderstood the way that the subscription sharing should work ?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317423 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Family Shared Plans
Integrations are triggered, but it looks like the usergroup assignment is using a different means of activating. Does logging out and back in trigger the usergroup assignment for that user?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317439 by joomally
Replied by joomally on topic Family Shared Plans
Thankyou for your reply

Here is the sequence of events, with the user's logging in and out at the end, as you suggested,

User A registers
User A logs in
User A shares plan
User A logs out
User B receives email
User B clicks on link from email
User B is taken to the registration page. At the top of the registration page is the name of the subscription plan that User A is subscribed to and a message 'This is a shared subscription from xxx. If you do not want to accept this shared subscription click here to reject it. '
User B registers (with the email address to which the email was sent)
User B logs in

The share is listed on User B's account page, but I can see from the back end that User A has been assigned to the relevant group and User B has not been assigned to the relevant group

I'm not sure which user you meant when you said 'Does logging out and back in trigger the user group assignment for that user?'
So I did both.

User B logs out
User A logs in
User A logs out
User B logs in

As above, the share is listed on User B's account page, but I can see from the back end that User B has not been assigned to the relevant group.

Thanks

4 years 2 weeks ago #317465 by krileon
Ok, looks like we'll need to add some extra code to handle the usergroup swapping behavior. Seams like it's not acting on the same integration event like other usages and is likely earlier in the process of activating a subscription, which doesn't happen for a shared subscription. Have added a bug ticket to investigate and fix.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7905

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317470 by krileon
Was able to track down the cause and have implemented a fix. Once the fix is reviewed and merged will release a new build. Note the usergroup assignment won't be fixed for existing broken users. You will need to fix their usergroups manually by editing them in CB > User Management but future users should have no issues once the fix is released.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: joomally

4 years 2 weeks ago #317474 by joomally
Replied by joomally on topic Family Shared Plans
Thankyou for such a quick response.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn