[SOLVED] [#8032] deleting an unpaid subscripton deletes other subscriptions, too.

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #318801 by joomally
Hi,
I have observed the following:

I create a user subscription plan, and call it Plan A
I create a second User Subscription Plan (Plan B) and set the 'Regular Price of plan' to be 10.

I sign up to Plan A using the 'Url of plan to display only this plan ('-' to display multiple plans)', and log in.
I go to 'index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=display_subscriptions'

My current subscription is Plan A.

I click on 'Upgrade' under the Plan B heading.
I then close the browser without paying for Plan B.

From the joomla administrator back end, I go to Community Builder->User Management, and click through to the users profile and go to the Subscription tab.

Plan A is listed as 'Active'.
Plan B is listed as 'Not yet paid'

I click on the 'Delete' checkbox for Plan B.

After I save the User Profile, the subscription tab now has 'Plan A' and 'Plan B' as upgrade possibilities. ie Plan A is no longer active.

It seems that deleting the unpaid subscription for Plan B has also deleted a valid subscription for Plan A.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #318834 by krileon
I've the following configuration.

Plan A (non-exclusive, recurring)
Plan B (non-exclusive, recurring)

I am subscribed to Plan A. I attempt to subscribe to Plan B, reach the payment form, and abandon it. In backend I select Delete for Plan B. This successfully deleted Plan B with Plan A remaining fine. So this appears to be working fine in my tests.

Are you sure you didn't accidentally select delete for Plan A as well? Are you able to reliably reproduce the issue on a test account? What does your current plan setup look like (e.g. are they marked exclusive, is one a child plan of the other, etc..)?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 9 months ago #318836 by joomally
Hi,
Yes its completely repeatable. I can give you access to a server with Plan A and Plan B already set up.
Its all the default plan settings, except what I mentioned in my description. So the plans are exclusive and both have Parents - 'top'.
Thanks

3 years 9 months ago #318838 by krileon
The plans being exclusive maybe what's causing this. Try switching them to non-exclusive and see if it works. That would confirm that's the cause.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 9 months ago #318841 by joomally
I changed the plans to be non-exclusive and the problem did not happen.

Thanks

3 years 9 months ago #318845 by krileon
Ok, it maybe due to exclusive plans triggering the upgrade process then. Have added a bug ticket for further investigation.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8032

Seams like you're doing a lot of non-typical operations just finding bug after bug. So I apologize if you feel like you're just hitting a wall of bugs, lol. It's not typical someone deletes an unpaid basket as the basket expiration functionality takes care of that and works fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn