Restricting Access to Members only to Premium subscribers.

3 years 10 months ago #318900 by hayesjames
Last question, I hope !!

I have a list of deals that everyone can see, they show as articles with links to the relevant member so you can click to view the profile and send an email about it. However I only want that functionality to be for premium members. All others can see the deal, but not access the profile so they are diverted to the membership page or somewhere else.

How can I go about setting that up please?

Many thanks

J

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #318908 by hayesjames
I thought I had it sussed, but it didn't work !!! Any thoughts?

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #318914 by krileon
You want to protect profiles with a subscription or just those specific profiles with a subscription? Protecting profiles in general is relatively easy just by protecting the profile URL in By URL Part protection on Integrations > Extensions tab provided by CBSubs Content integration. Specifically the below URL.

option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile&user=/\d+/

If you need it to protect specific profiles you'll need to be more specific like the following.

option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile&user=USER_ID_HERE

If you want to protect multiple specific profiles you can use the below.

option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile&user=/^(USER_ID_1|USER_ID_2|USER_ID_3)$/

You can add more user ids separated with |. If you just need to protect specific tabs or fields I recommend using CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection instead.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayesjames

3 years 10 months ago #318915 by hayesjames
Thanks for the reply Krileon,

I want to block all profiles, however if I block the URL path for user profile, will it not also block the their actual profile page as well?

Thanks

J

3 years 10 months ago #318920 by krileon
The URL used to reach your own profile doesn't include the &user parameter so it should only block access to profiles other than your own.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayesjames

3 years 10 months ago #318921 by hayesjames
I could kiss you !!!!
Seriously, many thanks. The website is going live in 23mins !!
You have all been really helpful
Cheers
J
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn