PayPal Subscribe Error: DEPRECATED_PARAM_MODIFY - with PayPal gatey

3 years 9 months ago #318935 by inelia
Hello,

When I try to use the PayPal subscribe button to set up a payment for my plans I get a simple PayPal page saying:

"Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."

And the URL is this:

www.paypal.com/webapps/shoppingcart/error?flowlogging_id=2c2c73a05c6fc&code=DEPRECATED_PARAM_MODIFY

The only hit as to what the issue may be is the DEPRECATED_PARAM_MODIFY

This seems to have started this morning. I have updated to the latest CB Subs and Community Builder plugin, but I still get the same error.

Is it just me, or did PayPal deprecated something in their code so PayPal subscriptions are not working anymore?

The Gateway I am using I "PayPal Gateway"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #318936 by inelia
If it helps here the payment form generated by the plugin:

<form action="www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post" class="m-0">
<input type="submit" class="cbpaidCCbuttonInput" name="BPay" value="Use PayPal" alt="Subscribe to automatic payments with PayPal" title="Subscribe to automatic payments safely with PayPal">

<input type="hidden" name="business" value="****REDACTED****">
<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="Membership for iliepp">
<input type="hidden" name="item_number" value="S1039-1142-11">
<input type="hidden" name="p3" value="1">
<input type="hidden" name="t3" value="M">
<input type="hidden" name="a3" value="120.00">
<input type="hidden" name="src" value="1">
<input type="hidden" name="sra" value="1">
<input type="hidden" name="modify" value="0">
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD">
<input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="0">
<input type="hidden" name="custom" value="1750">
<input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1">
<input type="hidden" name="return" value="walkwithmenow.com/cb-profile/pluginclass/cbpaidsubscriptions.html?cbpgacctno=2&cbpbasket=1750&do=gw&result=success&cbpid=cbp5ed8745eb8a49054661835">
<input type="hidden" name="cancel_return" value="walkwithmenow.com/cb-profile/pluginclass/cbpaidsubscriptions.html?cbpgacctno=2&cbpbasket=1750&do=gw&result=cancel&cbpid=cbp5ed8745eb8a49054661835">
<input type="hidden" name="notify_url" value="walkwithmenow.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpgacctno=2&cbpbasket=1750&do=gw&result=notify&cbpid=cbp5ed8745eb8a49054661835&format=raw">
<input type="hidden" name="charset" value="UTF-8">
<input type="hidden" name="rm" value="2">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick-subscriptions">
<input type="hidden" name="invoice" value="N1749">
<input type="hidden" name="bn" value="Joomlapolis_Cart_WPS">
<input type="hidden" name="email" value="customer@gmail.com">
</form>

3 years 9 months ago #318941 by inelia
Just by poking around I have discovered that if I remove the line:

components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_cbpaidsubscriptions\processors\paypal\cbpaidsubscriptions.paypal.php:266 then things start to work again.

That is the only "modify" variable that could be linked to the error message I get from PayPal and seems to have done the trick

3 years 9 months ago #318949 by krileon
Strange, according to their documentation values of 1 and 2 for modify are deprecated, but we send a value of 0 which isn't deprecated.

developer.paypal.com/docs/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/Appx-websitestandard-htmlvariables/#deprecated-variables

Only values of 1 and 2 should respond with an error. It's possible this was a recent change on PayPals end or even just a temporary issue, but I see no official notice that it should be removed so I'm not sure what to suggest. Have you tried contacting PayPal?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #318970 by inelia
I have, but I am being passed around to various people, and each one is not understanding what the problem is :) So far no luck with getting any official info.

I finally reached tech support at PayPal so I could ask my question. I will post here their official reply. In the mean time, the work around is to comment out that variable.

3 years 9 months ago #318972 by inelia
Questions: Since that "modify" variable is now deprecated and optional, why do you still keep it around in the code and not remove it altogether?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn