Advice Making Changes to Existing Plan Setup

3 years 9 months ago #319651 by Pomond
I just wanted to add a quick note that I can't seem to pick "Institution" as the Parent of my "Sponsoring Institution" Plan.

Inside the "Sponsoring Institution" Plan > Presentation tab > Parent Plan, the only options that can be selected are "Top" and "free-membership".

FYI. Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 8 months ago #319661 by beat
Two quick CBSubs "facts":
- Child plans don't "revert" to parents.
- CBSubs supports 2 levels of parent plans (more seems unadequate for UX imho).

But:
- When you upgrade from an *exclusive* plan to an other sibbling plan (with same parent), e.g. in your case from "Sponsor" to "Gold Sponsor", and for any reason "Gold Sponsor" is expiring or cancelled before "Sponsor" would have expired, then Sponsor becomes active again, because "Gold Sponsor" has been "Upgraded from" "Sponsor". So if that upgrade is cancelled/reverted, the previous status of the "subscription upgraded from" is re-instated, and if it was active and its expiry date is not passed, then it is reactivated.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

3 years 8 months ago #319665 by Pomond
Thank you!

I appreciate the clarification about the child plans and UX approach. As the documentation mentions, it takes a while to get one's head around all the concepts, but it is slowly coming together.

So it sounds like the default settings (with the free "Institution" Plan and the paid "Sponsoring Institution" Plan at the same level) will work fine, since upgrading to a Sponsoring Institution will only occur from a pre-existing Institution account, and any expiring "Sponsoring Institution" accounts will automatically fall back to the "Institution" Plan from whence they came.

Yes, I do have the option to display an available Plan if it is more expensive, which I believe would affect both the "Sponsor"/"Gold Sponsor" Plan relationships, and the "Subscriber"/"Gold Subscriber' relationships. It is fine for the Gold to fall back to the lesser version if credit remains.

Thanks again!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.348 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn