Stripe Compatibility

3 years 9 months ago #319585 by micheleq
Stripe Compatibility was created by micheleq
Hi,
I'm setting up Stripe as the Gateway (I have been using PayPal so far),
In setting API versions, I have different options in CB that don't match Stripe. I saw a forum post where Beat says the versions should match.

In CB: 2019-3-14, 2019-2-19, ...
In Stripe: I only have 2020-03-02, 2019-09-09.

I've selected 2019-03-14 with 2019-09-09, set up test webhooks and they seem to work fine. I enabled all events. In the tests, I created a subscriber, refunded and canceled the subscription successfully.

So, should I assume I'm good to go?

The second part is the Events for the Webhooks, and coincidentally Beat answered this yesterday:

You can enable all webhooks for future-features compatibility.

Those that are handled today are all these:
- charge
- checkout.session
- dispute
- invoice
- payment intent
- source
- subscription

I recently used Stripe for another platform (not CB) and setup more Events than needed. Unfortunately, that created errors and those extra events kept trying to connect to a server that was not responding to those events. I would be inclined to just use the ones enabled, unless CB had a sort of "catch all" so as to not generate repeating errors.
Any thoughts on that?

Thank you,
Tomás

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #319593 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Stripe Compatibility
My yesterday's related post for cross-reference:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/236-cbsubs/242710-what-events-do-i-need-to-enable-in-my-stripe-webhook#319566

Letting Kyle reply more precisely on that, as he is the Stripe gateway author. :-)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

3 years 9 months ago #319605 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe Compatibility
The API version in CBSubs Stripe is to denote backwards compatibility changes. If Stripe makes changes to their API that would break CBSubs we add a new version to the dropdown (to become the latest) and implement the necessary changes. This allows existing installs to continue working as expected and allow for upgrading to newer features (e.g. some features only work on newer versions).

In short it's fine for the versions in CBSubs Stripe and your Stripe account to mismatch, but I do not recommend updating the API version in your Stripe account (this is a manual process you have to do if they release a new version) without first consulting us here or checking their version change log for backwards compatibility breaks.

I recently used Stripe for another platform (not CB) and setup more Events than needed. Unfortunately, that created errors and those extra events kept trying to connect to a server that was not responding to those events. I would be inclined to just use the ones enabled, unless CB had a sort of "catch all" so as to not generate repeating errors.

Can you be more specific as to what those errors were and what webhooks were causing them? Webhooks we don't utilize are just simply rejected, but still response with a 200 response code so they shouldn't error.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 9 months ago #319623 by micheleq
Replied by micheleq on topic Stripe Compatibility
Thanks Kyle,
That answers my question. This other platform (for PPV videos) was only receiving a success charge, all else were getting a 404 response.

Stripe said:

You need to return anything between a HTTP 200 to 299 for the webhook to be considered successfully delivered.

Since you're responding with a 200 code, it should be fine to "add all events".

Thanks,
Tomás

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds