Stripe customer portal availability

3 years 8 months ago #319981 by wjgadmin
Stripe customer portal availability was created by wjgadmin
Is the stripe customer portal available for all stripe accounts via your plugin? I am not sure which type of stripe account we have but currently using CBSubs the payments are handled on our site using your API. The question; is there a specific type of stripe account required to use this, such as a paid account or is it accessible to CBSubs api for standard stripe accounts (on cards)?
Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 8 months ago #319983 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe customer portal availability
The customer portal is only for recurring payments. Your Stripe account needs Billing (recurring payments) functionality enabled to use it. It's configured in Stripe > Dashboard > Billing > Customer portal. If you don't have access to it you will need to contact Stripe. It's a relatively new feature at Stripe so it is limited in that you can only change payment method to a card payment method.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 8 months ago #319985 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Stripe customer portal availability
Please see the following from directly inside the Stripe dashboard on the Customers page:
"BILLING
The Billing customer portal is now available
With the new customer portal, your customers can update payment methods, manage subscriptions, and view their payment history. Access to the customer portal is only available to paid Billing users. If you started using Billing before it became a paid product, an upgrade is required."

Additionally, this is from the Settings / Customer Portal page:
"Limited customer portal access
You can try out the customer portal in test mode, but full access to this feature is only available to paid Billing users."

Please let me know, thank you.

3 years 8 months ago #319987 by krileon
You'll have to contact Stripe regarding that. All we've done is implement the API for generating customer portal tokens and redirecting to the customer portal. Whether it's enabled or not in your account is up to Stripe, but it should be as long as Billing is available to your account. The customer portal is only used for recurring payments (which at Stripe is called Billing) and the button to change payment method only displays for such subscriptions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 8 months ago #319988 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Stripe customer portal availability
Thank you, we will contact them to confirm. From what we can see thus far, the integration will not work unless you upgrade to a new plan from Stripe. So I'd like to confirm that updating CBSubs will not cause any other issues, if we disable the Customer Portal feature from within CBSubs/Gateways/Stripe?

In other words, will it work as it does now with that feature disabled? Thank you

3 years 8 months ago #319989 by krileon
The customer portal is not mandatory and it's disabled by default. So no you do not have to use it and yes you can safely disable it if you already enabled it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn