PIN protect subscription registration

3 years 8 months ago #320063 by matt@harrington.co.nz
PIN protect subscription registration was created by matt@harrington.co.nz
Hi all.

We have several CB Subs plan we would like to protect registration to with codes. There will be about 8 plans with different pins. This could be a field entry during registration I am thinking.

What is the best way to go about this?

Many thanks, Matt.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 8 months ago #320073 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PIN protect subscription registration
You'd need to use a field for that then under the Workflows tab of your plan you can condition your plans based off that field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 8 months ago #320084 by matt@harrington.co.nz
Replied by matt@harrington.co.nz on topic PIN protect subscription registration
Thanks Krileon. Would the workflow option simply not allow showing of the plan?

I would like the new member to be able to fill in the registration form however they must enter a pre-selected pin in a field to proceed to activate the plan. Pins would be different across plans but are known in advance.

For example to sign up to plan A the member would enter 1111. To sign up to plan B the member would be required to enter 2222. The pin does not determine the plan it is simply a lock to allow "unlocking" of the plan.[/strike]

Many thanks, Matt.

3 years 7 months ago #320108 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PIN protect subscription registration
So the user may need to be able to enter more than 1 pin? I suppose you could use something like a Tags field for that so they can enter multiple values into a single field. Typically you'd just avoid the PIN system entirely and just use plans that are only accessible via URL and give them the URL to the plan as a generic per-plan PIN isn't going to be any more secure than that to be honest. If the PIN was unique per-person then it'd be secure though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn