Subscriptions Disappearing

3 years 5 months ago #321264 by wjgadmin
Subscriptions Disappearing was created by wjgadmin
Hi all,
We've noticed some user's subscriptions are disappearing from our database once they expire. We're still able to see their payment via "Payments", however we cannot find their subscription, nor does it show in their user profile as being expired. I believe the same is applicable to some which should show as "Upgraded to Other".

Can you please let us know how to ensure all subscriptions remain in our db regardless of status?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago #321265 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Subscriptions Disappearing
Upon further review, I am able to locate the subscription via the "Paid Subscriptions / Subscriptions" ONLY if I set the status = Expired and rerun the search for that user.

It's good to know we can locate it this way, however, I need to make sure it shows on the user's profile via their front end & our back end. For example: it should show from "Community Builder / User Management / Specific User / Subscription tab".
Unfortunately, they aren't currently.

3 years 5 months ago #321267 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Subscriptions Disappearing
CBSubs doesn't delete subscriptions at expiration. Typically if it doesn't display after expiration under their Subscriptions tab it means the plan doesn't allow renewals. It also won't show if the plan was upgraded to a different plan and upgrades are set to only be allowed if price is higher.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 5 months ago #321268 by wjgadmin
Thank you for the clarification. I checked and this may be due to “lifetime” subscriptions without the possibility for renewal.
Without spending too much time trying to figure the logic, would it resolve this if we set the renewal period to some time, even if the subscription is lifetime?

I suppose this doesn’t cause any issue, we just prefer to always see the users past subscriptions regardless. I appreciate your support!

3 years 5 months ago #321277 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Subscriptions Disappearing
Ah, I see so you're wanting just a backend record of their subscriptions. For that I strongly suggest just using CBSubs > Subscriptions page which will provide that. The tab is only going to display plans similarly to frontend as it's the same tab with minor rendering adjustments the user themselves uses. The tab and the column in CB > User Management isn't a replacement for that page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 5 months ago #321283 by wjgadmin
Sounds great and will do :)
Regarding the CBSubs / Subscriptions page, is there any reason the "Expired" subscriptions wouldn't show unless apply the status filter = "Expired"?

I would expect them to show regardless of status if there is no filter applied at all. Thank you again!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn