Problem installing CB Subs 4.5

3 years 3 months ago #321827 by autobahn
Problem installing CB Subs 4.5 was created by autobahn
I am probably being really thick here...

I have just installed the latest build of CB on my test system followed by cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN-4.5.0+build.2020.12.11.14.40.49.eadc8cfc0 (usual method, CB Plugin Management/Install CB Plugin using Upload Package File option since it's on my PC)

When I go into Paid Subscriptions Settings it tells me 'The CBSubs integration plugin 'CBSubs xxxx' is for another CBSubs version 4.4.0' for several items, including Tax and Mailer, which are critical for us.

I have tried unzipping the zip file but I still can't find the files to upgrade all these integration plugins to 4.5.

What am I doing wrong?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #321828 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem installing CB Subs 4.5
Not having any issues updating in my tests. Have you tried a second time after the main plugin has updated to see if it works then?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 months ago #321831 by autobahn
Replied by autobahn on topic Problem installing CB Subs 4.5
Thank you for such a quick response.

I have realised where I went wrong - all the integrations files used to be bundled in with the main zip file, so I'd unzip that to do the integrations updates. Now they can be downloaded individually and I've done it that way. Makes sense, as not everyone wants to use/install all the integrations (such as multiple payment options).

My fault for not looking more deeply into the downloads page :blush:

Sorry for taking up your time unnecessarily.

3 years 3 months ago #321832 by krileon
Easiest way to update CB is using Install from Web instead of downloading manually. Navigate to CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin and from there select the Install from Web tab. If anything is out of date you should already be on the Updates category with an Update All button to quickly update. Note it's recommend you configure a Site Key within CB > Configuration > Integrations for this to be most reliable.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 months ago #321833 by autobahn
Replied by autobahn on topic Problem installing CB Subs 4.5
On our live site I have obtained a site key and use Install From Web.

The test site runs under XAMPP on a PC and doesn't have a site key. In addition, the test site doesn't recognise that I am logged in to Joomlapolis so doesn't allow me to install the updates from the web - I only get the option to pay for a new subscription on any of the plugins for CB, including CB Subs. I consider it to be a 'feature' ;) of being able to run a mirror copy of our site offline.

It's not a problem as I know where I stand with both sites. I just get a bit confused when procedures change and I am not aware of it, which leads me to believe I have messed up.

3 years 3 months ago #321834 by krileon
You should be able to generate a site key for localhosts as well. We allow validation against "localhost" domain. So may not work if you're using custom localhost domains. Try using the link in CB > Configuration > Integrations under the site key parameter as it'll fill in the domain for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: autobahn

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn