002_cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN failed to install??

3 years 2 months ago #323374 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic 002_cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN failed to install??
Possibly a false positive mod_security rule is flagging it. Try contacting your host and see if there's anything in mod_security logs. If nothing is found please PM backend super user login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #323382 by Nick_Q
Replied by Nick_Q on topic 002_cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN failed to install??
Hi Krileon,

Thanks for your continued support on this... OK I have had a fairly lengthy discussion with my hosting company here in the UK (20i) and the tech guys there are pretty good (IMHO)

I gave all the details for the failed installs including dates and file description as well as the error messages reported so I am reasonably sure they have done as requested. They have confirmed - "I have checked our mod security logs and I cannot see anything related to this 500 internal server when trying to install this zip file."

I will set up Super User access for you on this domain and PM you the details as requested.

TIA

3 years 2 months ago #323412 by krileon
Have reviewed your install. It's failing to install due to "Row size too large (> 8126). Changing some columns to TEXT or BLOB may help. In current row format, BLOB prefix of 0 bytes is stored inline.". You're hitting database row size limits for some reason when it tries to create the CBSubs database tables.

I believe it's the _cbsubs_plans table doing this. It has quite a few columns, but the majority are using text types or low byte types so it shouldn't be doing this unless the table already exists, but has wrong column types.

Your database is currently 5.5.5-10.2.33-MariaDB-log. Joomla and CB do not officially support MariaDB. They officially only support MySQL. See the below topic regarding necessary MariaDB version and settings. Your host should be able to help you with updating MariaDB and adjusting the settings.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/242484-installation-cb-connect-failed?start=12#318734

We have to design around default database settings. Appears your server is using lower than default settings causing row size limit to be hit prematurely. There's nothing more I can suggest unfortunately. The only other option would be to PM phpmyadmin login and I can try forcing it to install by adjusting columns heavily, but that'd only be a temporary solution.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323428 by Nick_Q
Thank you for your response... I will do as you say and let you know the outcome...

3 years 1 month ago #323429 by Nick_Q
Hi Krileon, Is it possible for us to manually import this SQL database so that the rest of the installation can be done? Is there a .sql file for the above, I am told we can change the engine used for this specific table so it can fully import and then go from there as needed.

If this is possible could you provide a link to the required file(s)...

TIA

3 years 1 month ago #323436 by krileon
We do not provide SQL files. Our database configuration is entirely done through XML configuration using a custom database XML parsing engine. We'll be switching to raw SQL files for Joomla 4 rewrite of CB 3.x.

Changing the database engine won't fix your issue. The database engine should already be set to Innodb. Your issue is MariaDB configuration is likely incorrect and likely due to innodb_page_size default value being halved. The default innodb_page_size for MariaDB is 16k (same as MySQL), yours is likely set to 8k. The above topic covers in detail the default values your database should have for InnoDB.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn