[SOLVED] Delete access when subscription has expired

3 years 4 weeks ago - 3 years 4 weeks ago #323857 by Julien04
Hi,

When a user's subscription expires, their access remains the one they obtained with their old subscription.

Can we remove this access when the subscription has expired?

There are no options in the plan for this. Is this done by Cb auto Action? How to ?

Thanks !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 4 weeks ago #323865 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Delete access when subscription has expired
Not sure I understand what you mean. They shouldn't have access once expired. Do you mean their usergroup from their previous plan is still present after upgrading to a new plan and that new plan expiring? Please describe the user subscription flow for your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 4 weeks ago - 3 years 4 weeks ago #323870 by Julien04
Replied by Julien04 on topic Delete access when subscription has expired
When the subscription expires, the user no longer has access to the content page. It works fine!

But it keeps its access level in the ACL Joomla group.

For the example:

When he subscribes, he goes from "registered" to "Member 1".

When the subscription is expired. The "Member 1" access remains active in his Joomla user group.

I would like to automatically downgrade it to "registred" when the subscription expires.

Or, generally, delete the Joomla ACL group that he got with the subscription.

Thanks!

3 years 4 weeks ago #323872 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Delete access when subscription has expired
He should lose the usergroup on expiration. How are you giving the usergroup to the user? If configured under the Access tab of your plan it should handle adding/removing the usergroup automatically. Only reason CBSubs won't remove the usergroup is if another plan they're subscribed to is also providing the usergroup.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 4 weeks ago - 3 years 4 weeks ago #323877 by Julien04

If configured under the Access tab of your plan it should handle adding/removing the usergroup automatically.

Yes I configured it by this tab.

Only reason CBSubs won't remove the usergroup is if another plan they're subscribed to is also providing the usergroup.

I made this observation with a user account that does not have a subscription.

I take a test again to be 100% sure

3 years 4 weeks ago #323878 by Julien04
I confirm. The user had no other active subscriptions linked to the same Joomla group.

I just took out a subscription with this account.

Then, through the back end, tab user, unsubscribe then delete.

Access to the Joomla group remains.

Can be that it is by what I realize it manually as administrator?

And that the subscription does not really expire?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn