Alternate address for renewal notifications

2 years 10 months ago #324729 by CBSheen
We are a sports club and use Community Builder as our membership system with a seperate invoicing system.
We would like to have an integrated system so are evaluating CBSUBS

One issue is that we have members without a valid email address (e.g. kids within a family) so use dummy addresses for these members and link them to their parent for invoicing.

Family plans do not fit our various membership setups (because of complexity of multiple sports for one thing).

Is there a way with CB fields, workflow or other facility to set up invoice renewal notifications for these children using an 'alternative address' field in CB?

(Or any other ideas welcomed.)

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #324730 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Alternate address for renewal notifications
By notifications do you mean the emails sent by CBSubs Mailer, presentation tab of your plans, or CBSubs Emails integration? Only CBSubs Emails lets you specify the recipient address directly which is where you would substitute in your other email address field (e.g. could be a CB Code Field that grabs the parent users email address). CBSubs Mailer and the presentation tab emails will only let you do this using CC/BCC fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago #324734 by CBSheen
Replied by CBSheen on topic Alternate address for renewal notifications
The mailer I believe - that is the route to sending notification that the subscription is about to expire so renewal required.

We could easily use the cc field for the alternative address but that leaves the problem of an invalid address in the 'to' field.
OK the email would go out but we would end up with a bad mailing reputation.

Any thoughts on how we could blank out the 'To' field ?

2 years 10 months ago #324745 by krileon
It's not currently possible to change the To address for CBSubs Mailer or presentation tab emails, but am looking into it now to see if it'd be a simple feature to implement.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago #324746 by krileon
Ok, have looked into this and was able to implement it relatively easily. It's currently pending review before it can be merged and released. The new feature adds a "To email addresses" parameter to mailers in CBSubs Mailer to override the to address. It supports substitutions so you can substitute in a different email address from a separate email field for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

2 years 10 months ago #324747 by CBSheen
Replied by CBSheen on topic Alternate address for renewal notifications
That will be perfect
Many thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.509 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn