[SOLVED] Auto-cancelling memberships

2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #325546 by ml25
Hi Joomlapolis' team,

I am reaching out to you because since very recently, the system seems to cancel certain people's membership automatically asking them to re-subscribe whereas on Stripe, it is shown that they paid and the membership is still active. It doesn't seem to do it with everyone but only certain people.

It is indicated on the Paid Subscription plugin that their membership expired when it didn't on Stripe and they shared with me that they didn't deactivate the membership, the cancellation happened on its own.

When this was happening, some people had the message that their membership expired (when it was still active on Stripe) and subscribed again, so they have 2 memberships running at the same time on Stripe.

Since Stripe is continuing to run the memberships but the site doesn't register them, do you think that it might be related to connexion between Stripe and the site? Or do you know what could I do in this situation to resolve the issue?

I checked the API key and webhooks from Stripe that I mentioned on the site settings, which are correct and still working.

I also checked the History Logs but I didn't see any error registered and I didn't find the event related to it.

I don't understand where the problem is and I would be very grateful if someone had an answer and solution to this.

In advance, thank you for your help and also for the great plugins you are offering.

Kind Regards,
Mathias

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago #325551 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto-cancelling memberships
Sounds like the webhook never arrived. Ensure CB, CBSubs, and CBSubs Stripe are all up to date. Next within Stripe navigate to the Developers page and under "API version" ensure the latest API is active. Next under Developers > Webhooks ensure your webhook URL also shows latest API under the Version column. If it doesn't create a new webhook and be sure to supply the new webhook secret to CBSubs Stripe. Next I recommend having a Grace Period configured on any plan with recurring subscriptions of at least 3 days to allow payments to process and the IPN to arrive before expiration.

Do you have any failed IPNs from Stripe in CBSubs > Notifications?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mhairi, ml25

2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #326212 by ml25
Replied by ml25 on topic Auto-cancelling memberships
Hi Krileon,

Thank you very much for your help and advice.

The API and Webhook seemed to be alright, so I changed the grace period for 4 days to be sure and after having observed how subscriptions were going these last couple weeks, everything seems to be working fine now. I haven't had the issue since then.

Thank you again and best wishes,
Mathias
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn