[SOLVED] Community Builder: 2.6.0 fails to install

2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #325727 by wallytbull
When I install the package cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN-4.5.2+build.2021.06.25.17.09.42.53205149f.zip: Rounded, CB Subscriptions, and cbpaidsubsbot get installed but CB Paid subscriptions fails with the following error information:

System Information
Joomla: 3.9.16
Community Builder: 2.6.0
PHP: 7.4.21
Database: mysql 10.3.30-MariaDB

File: 000_cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN-4.5.2+build.2021.06.25.17.09.42.53205149f.zip
Log: [code] 500]

Because of the non-specific error 500 I tried to install with htaccess disabled but the results are the same.

Thank you kindly,
Wally

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago #325729 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder: 2.6.0 fails to install
Please try installing the latest CB build release. Once done try to install latest CBSubs again. If that fails try downloading CBSubs manually from our downloads page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads

Once downloaded unzip the package and install 000_cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN-4.5.2+build.2021.06.25.17.09.42.53205149f.zip from /extensions/cbplugins manually within CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin. Sometimes that helps in exposing any potential errors that the package installer couldn't capture.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 8 months ago #325735 by wallytbull
Replied by wallytbull on topic Community Builder: 2.6.0 fails to install
It looks like it may be an issue with the SQL table definition. Installing 000_cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN-4.5.2+build.2021.06.25.17.09.42.53205149f from within CB returned the error:

Row size too large (> 8126). Changing some columns to TEXT or BLOB may help. In current row format, BLOB prefix of 0 bytes is stored inline.

Perhaps the definition for a column(s) in that row is corrupt. I am not a developer but I know enough to look at the SQL in phpMyAdmin if that might help. I would need to know which table to examine. (Yes I would make a backup of the SQL DB first.)

2 years 8 months ago #325744 by beat
Thank you for providing the exact error message. This is the same issue as the below topic where a solution has been provided:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cb-paid-subscriptions-support/244073-solved-subscription-plugin-not-working-properlly?start=6#325445

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #325785 by wallytbull
I followed these steps and received an SQL error on the acymailing_geolocation table during the conversion:

tca2015_acymailing_geolocation CONVE
MySQL said: #1071 Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes

I did try to install in spite of the phpMyAdmin error and did receive the same error as before the collation change:

Row size too large (> 8126). Changing some columns to TEXT or BLOB may help.
In current row format, BLOB prefix of 0 bytes is stored inline.

Perhaps the screenshot of will shed some light.
Attachments:

2 years 8 months ago #325787 by wallytbull
Will the CB Paid Subs upgrade install create a new geolocation table if I delete that current table?

I don’t think that there are any data rows in the current table that is apparently causing the problem.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn