Add user info to Stripe email?

2 years 5 months ago #327000 by wintercorn
Add user info to Stripe email? was created by wintercorn
At present the notification from Stripe doesn't contain any user information so if there are multiple transactions of the same amount it's difficult to see which users have paid - other than going through each record, which the client doesn't want to do.

The current information on the email is just:

Charge Description £19.99

Amount charged £19.99

Is there a way to add a username or name to it?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #327009 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Add user info to Stripe email?
That email is sent by Stripe, not by CBSubs, and CBSubs has no influence in its content.

CBSubs transmits Description with user and item information to Stripe. But Description is not included in their notification mails to the vendor.

Maybe you can ask them how to add it, or suggest to Stripe to add Description to their emails (they are usually quite open to suggestions).

Sure it would be awesome if Stripe would add Description field in their notification emails, but I don't see any way for payment software to make Stripe add that to their notification to vendor mails.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

2 years 5 months ago #327036 by wintercorn
Replied by wintercorn on topic Add user info to Stripe email?
I thought not. It would have been nice to be able to pass a field to Stripe but it's not hugely important.

2 years 5 months ago #327042 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Add user info to Stripe email?
As said, we send the description to Stripe, so it's just a matter of Stripe adding it to mails.

Asking Stripe support is free, and maybe there is a setting at Stripe to include it in mail, otherwise you can ask them to add it to feature requests at stripe. ;-) If you contact Stripe, please let us and the community here know of the status you get from Stripe. ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn