Tax rates not changing price of subscription at checkout.

2 years 2 months ago #328158 by krileon
Strange, please update to latest CBSubs build release and PM backend super user login credentials and will take a look. See link in signature to directly PM me.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #328181 by krileon
Have reviewed your install. It's not working because you turned the invoice address off. This means CBSubs has no geographical data to use to determine what tax zone applies to them. Since you're not using any tax rules that apply regardless of geographical location it results in no tax being applied. I suggest setting "Invoicing address handling at payment time" to "Mandatory invoicing address" if you need geographical based tax rules. Have confirmed enabling invoice address again fixes your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #328191 by wintercorn
Thanks. Where is that setting? I didn't change anything after the upgrade so not sure why it was different.

Edit : Found it under Settings > Display > Invoices

2 years 1 month ago #328197 by wintercorn
Well, it's solved now thanks to Krileon. However that option was set to 'No Invoicing Address Shown' on the previous install which worked fine. This is now 'Mandatory Invoicing Address' on the new version and adds a billing address screen to the workflow. Not a huge problem but not immediately obvious as the cause.

old settings : i.uguu.se/xKyLTfYx.jpg

Anyway, thanks for your help. :)

2 years 1 month ago #328202 by krileon
As you went from 3.0.0 to 4.5.2 I can't really say when exactly that behavior was changed since you went through years of updates all at once. Even 4.0.0 to 4.5.2 is quite a lot of updates. The geographic based features aren't supported to work without an invoice address so that'd be the correct behavior and it working without invoice address would've been a bug. My guess is it was still synchronizing your invoice address fields despite being turned off.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn