Allow subscribers to create one article that would be the basis of a directory

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #329638 by OEVAtechnology
Hello,

On our site we have three types/groups of subscribers.

We would like subscribers to one of these groups to be able to create one Joomla article which can be used a business directory listing elsewhere on the website, using a simple article category display.

Can you recommend a quick way of enabling this by using the CB and CB Subs plugins?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago #329644 by krileon
We don't have a way to limit the number of articles they create. CBSubs can't really add features to other extensions that they don't already have.

The best way I can think of to do this is to repurpose CB Blogs since it can be configured to create Joomla articles and has support for limiting the number of blogs they can create.

An alternative is to probably give them a usergroup that gives them permission to use Joomla's create article page and when they create the article remove that usergroup. This would require the help of CB Auto Actions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 9 months ago #329657 by OEVAtechnology
Oh, brilliant!

This is just what I wanted to know, just needed a prod in the right direction.

Thank you so much.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn