Change label on Register button

9 years 7 months ago #248796 by aspooner
Change label on Register button was created by aspooner
I would like the Register button on the registration form to be labbeled 'Join', not 'Register'. I have created a language override for JRegister, changing it to 'Join'. I have also changed _UE_REGISTER to 'Join' in the file components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/default_language.php. But the button is still labelled 'Register'. How can I change this label?

I also changed _REGISTER_TITLE to 'Membership'. This changes the page title on the registration form, but not the browser tab label. How can I change the browser tab label?

Joomla: 2.5.24
CB: 1.9.1
CBSubs: 3.0.0

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #249349 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Change label on Register button
It uses the define _UE_REGISTER. If you've the English language plugin installed or are using a different language plugin then the default you won't see any changes when changing the default language files. Please be sure you've changed the correct language plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 6 months ago #249378 by aspooner
Replied by aspooner on topic Change label on Register button
Thanks for your reply but I do not understand. I do have the English language plugin installed, but I do not have any other language plugins installed. But the only place I can find _UE_REGISTER defined is in the default language file, components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/default_language.php, but you have said that I won't see any changes if I change this. So where else should I be looking for or adding _UE_REGISTER?

9 years 6 months ago #249400 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Change label on Register button
If you're the English language plugin installed then you need to change the define there instead of in the default_language as with the English language plugin installed the default_language doesn't load. The file you likely need to change is located below.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/en-gb/language.php

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn