registration session expired and/or cookies are no

17 years 2 months ago #30602 by averan
funny, registration works fine....but i can't accept/approve new connections with other users!

commenting out all instances of cbSpoofCheck and cbAntiSpamCheck doesn't make any difference.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #30716 by eethore
I ALSO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.
When receiving connection and approving user registration.

WHATS WRONG WITH THIS????
UGGGHHH !!!:unsure:

17 years 2 months ago #30748 by beat
Hey guys, keep cool...this is a community effort...

CB works fine on 99.9% of servers, and we only get very few reports of these problems.

Our problem is to reproduce those behaviours in order to debug and fix them.

Having full access to such a server would help immensly. If you wish us to debug this, please PM me the exact details of which exact browser types work and don't work and details of such an access (I need read-write access to php files to add debug code and evaluate results).

Please also include url to this thread in PM.

Thanks,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 2 months ago #30753 by averan
sorry beat, its hard to keep cool when it seems yours is the only site that isn't working!!

we finally fixed up this mess on our site....

after our server recompiled php, the hardening was interfering with the session name variables that mosGetPAram was trying to deal with submitted by various forms...the variables were 68 characters long and the limit was only 64.

once we increased the limits for GET and POST in suhosin.ini higher than 68, the cbSpoofCheck became functional again and allowed successful submission of forms.

we also went ahead and increased the cookie name limit as well, just in case!

unless you have a dedicated server, you'll have to contact your host to check suhosin.ini and make sure the GET and POST variable limits are set higher than 64.

it worked for us, hope it helps someone else too!

17 years 2 months ago #30757 by beat
Thanks for sharing the solution. We will change these name lengths in the next release of CB, so the hardenedPHP version doesn't choke.

I've added a bug on forge tracker pointing to this so we don't forget it and other persons with that php version find it.

forge.joomla.org/sf/tracker/do/viewArtifact/projects.cb/tracker.bugs/artf7520

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 2 months ago #30762 by averan
good idea.

for us, this was upgrading to php 4.4.4

assume this will apply to all future versions as well, good idea to be ready for php5

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn