Red X on new image uploads

17 years 5 months ago #23452 by jaytaylor
Red X on new image uploads was created by jaytaylor
I am using Joomla 1.0.11 and Community Builder 1.0.1
Well, everything has been working fine until recently. Started off my Flash Games quit keeping scores. No big deal. Next the FlashChat program I was using quit working. You hit the "Send Message" button and it reloads the page. Not cool. Went to another chat program to bypass the problem. Now, users can not upload avatars for their profiles nor can they add images through their "Simple Gallery". The images are in the correct folder and look fine when I check them out on the FTP but only a red X appears when looking at them in the "Simple Gallery". When you view a users profile, their avatar is fine but it appears as a red X in the member list as well as on the front page of the site when the user is logged in. You can go to the site at www.mydomain.com/ and log in as "tester" password "tester". Try to post a message on the message board. Look at member list, and see that "Lyra" avatar is not showing correctly. Also look at profile for "Chico" or "Cole" and see that older images submitted to the "Simple Gallery" are fine but the new ones are a red X. By the way, all images are within the required size allowance. Anyone know what to do? Please give me an idea.

In Nant's simple gallery, when you upload a picture it shows a red X, but if you click on the X,the actual picture does show in the popup window.

Post edited by: jaytaylor, at: 2006/10/29 01:03

Post edited by: jaytaylor, at: 2006/11/01 17:38

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #23635 by mdsjr1
Replied by mdsjr1 on topic Re:Red X on new image uploads
I have the exact same problem. Is there not anyone else out there experiencing this? I have searched and searched through this forum for help on this topic. This is the only post that I can find that is describing my problem. And the fact that it is describing my problem to a tee is rather frightening...almost as if I had written it myself. I too am using Joomla 1.0.11 and Community Builder 1.0.1 Newly added avatars or avatars that have been changed in the last week or three are now showing as an x instead of an image....also images added to the simple gallery. They appear in the correct position when I check them in my FTP but they are not where they are supposed to be on my site. I am not going to give you access to my site like this nut has because I am paranoid that clowns might eat me....I could use some help and possibly some medication.

I am deathly afraid, to the point of suicide, that clowns might eat me...aren't you?

17 years 5 months ago #23636 by jaytaylor
Replied by jaytaylor on topic Re:Red X on new image uploads
First of all, Why do I got to be a nut? :side:
Well it's great to see I'm not the only one, however that doesn't fix our problem. I have been racking my brain trying to figure this one out. Nothing seems to work. All the right folders are writeable. (the pictures are showing up on the FTP)

I have always received pretty quick responses in the past on this forum. Not sure what is happening with this one.

17 years 5 months ago #23637 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Red X on new image uploads
jaytaylor wrote:

Well, everything has been working fine until recently. Started off my Flash Games quit keeping scores. No big deal. Next the FlashChat program I was using quit working. You hit the "Send Message" button and it reloads the page. Not cool. Went to another chat program to bypass the problem. Now, users can not upload avatars for their profiles nor can they add images through their "Simple Gallery". The images are in the correct folder and look fine when I check them out on the FTP but only a red X appears when looking at them in the "Simple Gallery". When you view a users profile, their avatar is fine but it appears as a red X in the member list as well as on the front page of the site when the user is logged in. You can go to the site at www.mydomain.com/ and log in as "tester" password "tester". Try to post a message on the message board. Look at member list, and see that "Lyra" avatar is not showing correctly. Also look at profile for "Chico" or "Cole" and see that older images submitted to the "Simple Gallery" are fine but the new ones are a red X. By the way, all images are within the required size allowance. Anyone know what to do? Please give me an idea.

In Nant's simple gallery, when you upload a picture it shows a red X, but if you click on the X,the actual picture does show in the popup window.

Please PM me with backend access and I will take a closer look.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2006/11/01 18:07

17 years 5 months ago #23638 by jaytaylor
Replied by jaytaylor on topic Re:Red X on new image uploads
I set you an account up. Thanks for your support.

17 years 5 months ago #23652 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Red X on new image uploads
jaytaylor wrote:

Ok - permission problem.
The uploads were ok but permissions were not right.

For others please make sure that the folder images/comprofiler has 755 permissions everywhere.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2006/11/01 18:09

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.442 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn