AOL and cbLogin

16 years 7 months ago #45030 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:AOL and cbLogin
This is a solution for CB 1.0.2:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,32673/catid,30/limit,6/limitstart,18/

But really, best is to upgrade to CB 1.1, as it fixes many other things.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #46323 by agouldtdc
Replied by agouldtdc on topic Re:AOL and cbLogin
There still appears to be a problem with AOL. I have had a client today saying that she can't click on the email link to confirm the account.

I asked her to copy and paste the link into IE and it would not work. However she is a novice so may well have done something wrong.

Andrew

16 years 6 months ago #46329 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:AOL and cbLogin
agouldtdc wrote:

There still appears to be a problem with AOL. I have had a client today saying that she can't click on the email link to confirm the account.

I asked her to copy and paste the link into IE and it would not work. However she is a novice so may well have done something wrong.

Andrew

Most probably... e.g. if her email program cuts the link in 2 lines...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 6 months ago #46642 by relliott
Replied by relliott on topic Re:AOL and cbLogin
I have CB 1.1 and I am running joomla 1.0.13 and aol users are unable to login to my site. I have the global settings set to security option 2 under the server tab for joomla. I also have the "Site Session Lifetime" set to 1800 seconds which is recommended on a joomla forum post.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem????

16 years 6 months ago #46649 by relliott
Replied by relliott on topic Re:AOL and cbLogin
Ok, so I have found a workaround that seems to work...

If you go to: modules -> site modules

If you open up the "mod_cblogin" you will see an option "Remember-me checkbox". Select "hide checked" this will allow AOL users to sign-on.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn