AOL and cbLogin

17 years 1 month ago #32330 by KurtSteiner
Replied by KurtSteiner on topic Re:AOL and cbLogin
I heard from one of my users too, that there is a problem with AOL - can anybody confirm this?

sunny regards from Germany

BERND (Kurt Steiner)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #32807 by bobrob_atl
Replied by bobrob_atl on topic Re:AOL and cbLogin
It seems that my board also has a problem with login and registration with AOL users.

I've got 74 users, and had 6 problems where people could not register. I registered them manually and they could not log in. All 6 users were using AOL.

One thing that seems to have helped is that after I register them manually, having them check the "Remember Me" box seems to let them log in and stay logged in.

I've read most of the threads about this issue here. My installation is in the root directory. My security level is level 2 (Allow IP Proxy Blocks). My site is www.mitchell1987.com.

At present, AOL users (at least some) still cannot register on the site. No error message is returned, just a blank screen. Any thoughts or pointers on fixing this would be appreciated.

Bob

17 years 4 weeks ago #33984 by tonyurso
Replied by tonyurso on topic Re:AOL and cbLogin
I am having the same problem, I have them complete a form so I can add them manualy, Ialo collect server vars here is a sample:

PLEASE HELPPPP!

[code:1]UNIQUE_ID => W2kQnEMPmxAAAFxVmuIAAAAI
HTTP_CACHE_CONTROL => no-cache
HTTP_VIA => HTTP/1.1 (Velocity/1.3.32 [uScMs f p eN:t cCMp s ]), HTTP/1.1 Turboweb [rtc-ta041 8.4.1], HTTP/1.1 cache-rtc-ad11.proxy.aol.com[98A364CD] (Traffic-Server/6.1.5 [uScM])
HTTP_COOKIE => 8b5babb241cf9cc2da786210d44c9395=9871fba63c4fc949221bde52fa6c0164; geo_community=0; mosvisitor=1; cbrvs=cbrvs2e091f23cc24548d65918fecc38dff72; PHPSESSID=5cc206bb56a854f47b1bd966ae0a2f9d
HTTP_PRAGMA => no-cache
CONTENT_LENGTH => 116
HTTP_USER_AGENT => Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; AOL 9.0; Windows NT 5.1; Embedded Web Browser from: bsalsa.com/; IEMB3; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; IEMB3)
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING => gzip, deflate
HTTP_UA_CPU => x86
CONTENT_TYPE => application/x-www-form-urlencoded
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE => en-us[/code:1]

17 years 1 week ago #35450 by photosphere
Replied by photosphere on topic Re:AOL and cbLogin
I am having the same problem with AOL users not being able to register at my site. This is a serious issue that was just discovered in a new site under development. If AOL users can't access the site then Joomla/Community Builder has to be abandoned and we have to start over. Does anyone know if there is a solution or if anyone is working on this problem?

I have set the Global configuration --> Server settings to Level 2. This does not help.

17 years 1 week ago #35451 by tonyurso
Replied by tonyurso on topic Re:AOL and cbLogin
I have posted this issue on a freelance site but I dont have confidence that they can figure it out. I wish the developers would give us a hand, I am willing to pay to get this issue resolved.

17 years 1 week ago #35455 by KurtSteiner
Replied by KurtSteiner on topic Re:AOL and cbLogin
Krystofiak wrote:

I heard from one of my users too, that there is a problem with AOL - can anybody confirm this?

Thanks god i using a shoutbox, so i could today help a new Guest to register to my site.

He uses AOL and tryed 8 times to register. Always after klick on the "send registration button" the whole site vanish and he got a blank screen.

So i registered him from Frontend and he was able to do the rest beginning with the activation email.

Unfortunatly i really do not know anyone who uses AOL :sick: so its quite complicated to anything...

Have anybody another idea than reading all related posts in the web??? (this is my next step:( )

sunny regards from Germany

BERND (Kurt Steiner)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn