Print CB list

17 years 9 months ago #15756 by eldemunda
Print CB list was created by eldemunda
it would be great if we could print a cb list we do.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #16519 by pmck
Replied by pmck on topic Re:Print CB list
CB is one the most powerfull component that I have ever seen. The lists created with CB are very usefull.

It is too bad that the lists are not printable. Is this feature comming soon ?

17 years 6 months ago #19832 by dcdomain
Replied by dcdomain on topic Re:Print CB list
Hopping on the bandwagon for this one.

You can print currently, but all the CSS for the alternating row colors disappear.

17 years 5 months ago #22303 by juliecracker
Replied by juliecracker on topic Re:Print CB list
dcdomain wrote:

You can print currently...

But how??

The only way I've found to print an entire list is using the cb_userslistxtd (export to Excel, then print from there). But this doesn't seem to be maintained any more and I'm running into limitations trying to work around other issues.

Just printing a single screen isn't sufficient.

How are you printing?

17 years 5 months ago #22376 by KoenDV
Replied by KoenDV on topic Re:Print CB list
I have a fairly elegant way of printing CB user lists and lot of other useful joomla stuff. But it is only possible if you have direct access to your database. I add % to the list of hosts, and then create a read-only user. You can then connect to your database (MySQL in my example) using MyODBC. You can then use openoffice Base to connect to you data trough ODBC and use all of it's ability's to print user list, make query's. I use this not just for user list, put also for membership card and registration paper for my rowing club.

Don't know how secure this way of working is, but so far i had no problems.

17 years 2 months ago #29257 by juliecracker
Replied by juliecracker on topic Re:Print CB list
Is there really still no solution for this?

Using cb_userslistxtd (export to Excel) will spit out the fields (in XML, so older versions of Excel actually can't parse them :-( but if you have more than just a couple columns of data it's really unmanageable.

The fields are neither in DB order nor in the order they're shown in the List. So even if I decided to forgo the Word mail-merge or custom XSLT to format the data, the fields still would not be in any useful order!

I'm really looking forward to the Subscription feature (that's exactly how we use Community Builder), but it's hard to understand how this most basic function is still overlooked.

I need a way for my members to be able to print lists (we are often far from internet access and need the info), so can't use direct access to the database - that's what Community Builder is for, isn't it? :-)

I don't suppose I could be so lucky as to have overlooked some new capability hiding somewhere?

j

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn