more control over profile layout

17 years 5 months ago #23428 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:more control over profile layout
Frankly said, I did expect the already existing CB CSS templates to get quite more popular and dozens available in addition of the 5 system-provided ones. But up to now I saw only very few...so didn't invest time into this.

But Joomla 1.5 beta lays out a quite clean MVC model allowing for this in a joomla-standardized way.

I'm waiting for Joomla 1.5 to stabilize and to start getting used, before doing big things in the templating domain.

Mikko,
The idea could work, but JoomlaJoe's and my plan is to get the fields also object-oriented and CB-pluginable, when doing major rewriting of the profile MVC generation and profile templating. ;)

Fire,
We offer also professional services (not hacks), so you can email me your mockup to take a look if something clean but still not to heavy can be done for next major CB version, instead of a hack, so it benefits to all, a nice and cool way to give some back to the community :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #24266 by cosmicfantasia
Replied by cosmicfantasia on topic Re:more control over profile layout
Just wondering if Fire did send through the mockup to Beat? Sounds like exactly what I'm after too. Hopefully will see it in CB soon.

Cosmic... :)

17 years 3 months ago #28315 by HeatherC
Replied by HeatherC on topic Re:more control over profile layout
I am not fire, but I would be happy to work some things up. I have several sites that could benefit from this, and could set up something, most likely.

It would be absolutely nice if the CB tabs and such could be called more liek modules, so ANY template could apply, and a simple recreation of a joomla template could do the trick.

For example, I use different templates for my forums than for my sites with navigation on both left and right. I remove the right hand navigation and allow my forums to go across. I do the same with AJAX Shoutbox. On one specific template (applied only to one page), I take the user4 out of the right, and set it as the only module int he center panel, so it is a larger format, for more involved discussion.

Now, if I could set up a joomlatemplate_cb that I could modify and install and apply to the CB links, where each tab is given (automatically or by user) a "module id", so that I could populate the center with joomla-like template, that would be AWESOME.

'Course, I am not really a programmer, and I am not trying to tell someone how to do their job, but that is my thinking.

If something like this were possible, but beyond what could be done at no cost, what about taking up a collection from the community to get it going? $10 per person from 500 people, maybe, for full access to this as a plugin, pre-paid... $20 after it is released?

I don't know, but I LIKE to support coders, although I often can't support them with my money only...

I guess I am rambling a bit. Sorry.

Heather

17 years 3 months ago #28325 by fire
Replied by fire on topic Re:more control over profile layout
Hio there,

I actually never sent the mockups, because my project shifted focus a bit, but.... I think the interest in CB would Catapult forward if the CB team enabled people with design flexibility! - YOu could make many different sites using cb - if the design was more flexible.

I for one would definately be intersted in contributing some dolars to get this going - say - we each put $30usd in - we could throw it on joomlancers, and see who bites...

unless the cb team is willing...

Cheers

Using CB 1.2 RC2 - EnglishVillage.Asia
- Programmer, Teacher, Consultant

17 years 3 months ago #28357 by HeatherC
Replied by HeatherC on topic Re:more control over profile layout
I am willing to go higher, as well. But if they said... Ok, we need $X, then we could get together as many people as were interested and split it up.

OR, allow $10 pledges, and some people could pledge several times, if they felt it was worth it (like donating ahead of time, because we KNOW it will be great...).

Do you think the team will peek in on this?

17 years 3 months ago #28448 by rikoos
Replied by rikoos on topic Re:more control over profile layout
I'm also willing to join in this :)

Just placed a 50 dollar job on SL for a hack on the profile page, so count me in for this.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.916 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn