PHPMOTION bridge - attack of the YouTube clones

16 years 8 months ago #41519 by cborkowski
Hey if you didn't see or head about this then I suggest taking a look.

www.phpmotion.com

It's called PHPMotion and is a recent release and part of the wave of Youtube clones headed our way. This one is the only free and openscource one I know about.

Still as cool as it is, the server requirements are very very steep for those of us who use shared hosting. FFMPEG, Mencoder, FLVTool2 and FFMPEG-PHP and a bunch of apache & PHP vairables will need to be enabled for this application to run.

Also because of the cpu requirments most shared hosts will not you run wild conveting your movie files into FLV's...chews up too much cpu time, although one can find a number of precompiled binaries of FFMPEGG and Mencoder ou there to run with limited functionality in your site

As of right now there are about 3 or 4 shared hosts who are offereing FFMPEG enabled server package at resonable prices ($3 to $20 a month).

I am using Cirtex and after a day of installing the software I had it up and running despite only having a limited number of help and install documents.
The develooper is super cool and responsive to questions.

Now who wants to write a Joomla or CB Bridge ?

Post edited by: cborkowski, at: 2007/07/24 02:13

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #45308 by sasank
i want the Bridge if its free :blush:

16 years 4 months ago #49308 by berberama
Any news on this?
www.chrisborkowski.org/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

Hopefully there's some updates on this - Or even a bridge?

- Cheers

16 years 4 months ago #49312 by Dionysus

16 years 4 months ago #49359 by berberama
Sorry Seyret does not do the job. Seyret is not a video server that renders and creates the FLV like phpMotion does.

With Seyret you can only "...copy the video link from one of the supported video sites..." (from joomlaholic.com/ description). Seyret therefore is not the actual video server (youTube clone).

phpMotion is the actual server. It will accept uploads in most of the formats and will convert ALL of them automatically to FLV streaming format.

That is why we need the bridge.

If you have a better solution, I'm interested to hear! :)

Thank you.

Post edited by: berberama, at: 2007/11/03 18:20

16 years 4 months ago #50039 by chris07
berberama wrote:

Sorry Seyret does not do the job. Seyret is not a video server that renders and creates the FLV like phpMotion does.

With Seyret you can only "...copy the video link from one of the supported video sites..." (from joomlaholic.com/ description). Seyret therefore is not the actual video server (youTube clone).

phpMotion is the actual server. It will accept uploads in most of the formats and will convert ALL of them automatically to FLV streaming format.

That is why we need the bridge.

If you have a better solution, I'm interested to hear! :)

Thank you.

Post edited by: berberama, at: 2007/11/03 18:20

by the way, Seyret allows you to upload flv videos too. have you tried to install the component? ;)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn