Autowelcome or other personalized greetings.

16 years 7 months ago #44022 by jciconsult
Is it possible to easily trigger the autowelcome for a specific CB list of users or for all users. We are starting a web site with managed users lists (i.e. front end registration is not allowed). When we launch, we want to let everyone know about the new parameters and the basic material on their current profile in an appropriately personalized fashion. Suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #44032 by nant
well i believe the autowelcome plugin is also triggered by backend activations - but i guess you want some kind of batch process.

must the welcome be email?

16 years 7 months ago #44038 by jciconsult
Replied by jciconsult on topic Re:Autowelcome or other personalized greetings.
Yes, a batch issue is what I want.

I took a component drafted by BillT and extended it to include any cb field and added an edit function. (See cbjuice in extensions). Billt's implementation included an email capability which I have found somewhat clumsy. Rather than fixing it, I was thinking of simply trigering your component.

To start our new web site, I would be prepared to do an SQL patch to force a trigger or something.

16 years 7 months ago #44040 by nant
jciconsult wrote:

Yes, a batch issue is what I want.

I took a component drafted by BillT and extended it to include any cb field and added an edit function. (See cbjuice in extensions). Billt's implementation included an email capability which I have found somewhat clumsy. Rather than fixing it, I was thinking of simply trigering your component.

To start our new web site, I would be prepared to do an SQL patch to force a trigger or something.

if all you want to do is send a bunch of emails, why not do it offline?

download list to excel and use outlook?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn