How to change default values for all users?

17 years 11 months ago #13091 by bzn
Hi Nant,

is there a way to modify the default values for all users? I assume you will add this feature to admin backend in a later version, but can you tell me what I need to change in RC1?
At least I haven't any function in the admin backend or did I miss something?

Furthermore I would like the admin to be able to (un)publish some of the gallerys fields that a user can see when editing his profile (greeting, quota, ..).

Is it possible to set the "Display Format" to "File List Format" and the "Access Mode" to "Registered User Access" by default? I would really appreciate it if you could add this feature.

I don't want to confuse my users, I just want them to be able to add files (not necessarily pictures) to their profiles. And other registered users should be able to see/download those files.

And finally: Thanks again for this great Plugin! You don't know how many times I came back to this site to look for updates ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #13095 by nant

is there a way to modify the default values for all users? I assume you will add this feature to admin backend in a later version, but can you tell me what I need to change in RC1?

In the tab parameters you can set the default fields for all users. You can also specify if you allow certain fields to be over-ridden or not.

Furthermore I would like the admin to be able to (un)publish some of the gallerys fields that a user can see when editing his profile (greeting, quota, ..).

This currently cannot be done - it you want issue a feature request (put as much details as possible) at the project's page (see my signature).

Is it possible to set the "Display Format" to "File List Format" and the "Access Mode" to "Registered User Access" by default? I would really appreciate it if you could add this feature.

Yup. Just set these as default values in the tab parameters and also specify that they cannot be changed (if you want to force them for everyone).

don't want to confuse my users, I just want them to be able to add files (not necessarily pictures) to their profiles. And other registered users should be able to see/download those files.

Again this is currently doable just by setting the parameters in the tab (CB backend).

And finally: Thanks again for this great Plugin! You don't know how many times I came back to this site to look for updates

Nice to know people are excited about this.
Update?
LOL - I just released it 3 days ago!

17 years 11 months ago #13102 by bzn
OK, finally I figured out what you mean by "tab parameters". For all other guys out there who are as stupid as me: Click on "Components - Community Builder - Tab Management" and then click on " _pg_ProfileGallery". I thought I need to set it up in "Components - Community Builder - Plugin Management" but this was wrong
;)

And finally: Thanks again for this great Plugin! You don't know how many times I came back to this site to look for updates

Nice to know people are excited about this.
Update?
LOL - I just released it 3 days ago!

Yeah of course I meant I came back very often before it was released ;) although I'm still coming back every day

Thanks again!

17 years 11 months ago #13139 by nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn