Install Problem

17 years 10 months ago #13211 by astrod00d
Install Problem was created by astrod00d
It won't let me install it. I'm using the 'Install New Plugin' section of CB. I've tried unzipping it and the just zipping up the files and uploading it but every attempt to install it gives me the following error:

Upload new plugin - error
No file selected
[ Continue ... ]

I've never installed a CB plugin but I've installed plenty of mods and coms without too many problems. What am I doing wrong? Can I manually upload the files?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #13213 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Install Problem
it sounds like you selected the install button without browsing first to select the plugin zip.

17 years 10 months ago #13214 by astrod00d
Replied by astrod00d on topic Re:Install Problem
Uh oh. It doesn't appear to be limited to the plugin installer. I just tried installing a new module and it gives me the same error. Has anyone else gotten this error when trying to upload and install something? It was working fine until yesterday.

17 years 10 months ago #13217 by astrod00d
Replied by astrod00d on topic Re:Install Problem
nant wrote:

it sounds like you selected the install button without browsing first to select the plugin zip.

That is exactly what it seems like is happening but I assure you, I'm selecting the zip file and then clicking the button.

17 years 10 months ago #13223 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Install Problem
perhaps safe-mode is on?
please check.

also please try with a different browser.

What are your versions?
php, webserver, mysql, etc.

17 years 9 months ago #14791 by RavMac
Replied by RavMac on topic Re:Install Problem
OK maybe I am dense. So far now problems till I go to plugins.

I have no idea how to load the plug in to the site, it is NOT listed in the plug mangager in CB.

I go to the plugin installer and there is not a way to upload/browse for the plugin.

So My question is how do I get it uploaded to be able to install it. There is No browse button, like on the Mod and Component.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.702 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn