Modifying CB Gallery for Music

17 years 9 months ago #15645 by jeffason
Modifying CB Gallery for Music was created by jeffason
Hello. I am trying to change CB Profile Gallery into a music plugin where people can upload their own music.

My first problem is this, the javascript that makes the window appear below the submit content link will make the box appear for the original CB Profile Gallery tab, and not my newly cloned copy which I have called "CB Profile Music".

I opened every file in the CB Profile Gallery plugin and renamed every occurance of Gallery or gallery with Music or music.

How do I make the javascript make the window appear in my new plugin?

-Jeff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #15667 by jeffason
Replied by jeffason on topic Re:Modifying CB Gallery for Music
well I had to change the function names and the ID names..on to step 2

17 years 9 months ago #15669 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Modifying CB Gallery for Music
Just changing the variable names is probably not enough.
The original plugin already allows music uploads (configurable filetypes via the tab parameters).
If you have some javascript code for playing back a music file then perhaps its best to modify the original plugin to handle both types. This way there would it would be much easier to maintain.
I am already looking into some feature requests to be able to add more tabs to the existing plugin.

17 years 9 months ago #15677 by jeffason
Replied by jeffason on topic Re:Modifying CB Gallery for Music
all is going well

I have had to turn on the "file" support in the tab administration, as well as choose the "list" format! All is going very very well ! You put a LOT of work in this plugin and it shows!

I will be trying to integrate a flash player into the table listing, and also figure out why my "cloned" plugin shares the same quota information as the photo plugin

I will keep this thread updated!

But currently it is very easy to add music to your profile using this plugin ( out of the box ) altho you may want to add a file pgtn_mp3file.gif to your images folder of the plugin

Post edited by: jeffason, at: 2006/06/20 12:02

17 years 9 months ago #15698 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Modifying CB Gallery for Music
Glad you figured out the file list options.

The reason why the renamed code uses the same quota system is that the actual quota fields used are the same (see the xml file).

I have already added the new mp3 image to the RC2 version I have under development to be release later this month.

You dont really need to use the file list format - you can add a new format item if you want and make changes there B)

If you send me a good flash player and basic directions I will try and integrate with RC2.

17 years 9 months ago #15775 by holsum
Replied by holsum on topic Re:Modifying CB Gallery for Music
Any chance you will support video with this plugin? It was the deciding factor for me when choosing Zoom gallery. It will allow for MOV and WMV files, but I would much rather use a FLV player.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn