Installation Issues on Step 1

14 years 11 months ago #93818 by mike177
Installation Issues on Step 1 was created by mike177
Hello,
I am as new to CB and Joomla as you can be.

Myself and my techs have had tons of permissions issues while using Joomla, so I am taking this super conservatively... ie, please forgive me for asking numerous, perhaps obvious questions.

Below is the error message I got when I uploaded the main CB com package. Is this normal? Does anyone have any comments on how to set permissions so that I will not get these kind of messages at all?

Is it best to follow the instructions CB is providing or to delete the entire CB extension, then fix the permission issues and try reloading the entire package again (I have not uploaded the other 3 starting modules, nor attempted to publish anything yet).

Many thanks,
Mike

tools : check database.
/var/www/homeprodigy.com/htdocs/blog/images/comprofiler/ Failed to be to be created, please do so manually !
/var/www/homeprodigy.com/htdocs/blog/images/comprofiler/gallery/ Failed to be to be created, please do so manually !

Manually do the following:
1.) create /var/www/homeprodigy.com/htdocs/blog/images/comprofiler/ directory
2.) chmod it to 777
3.) create /var/www/homeprodigy.com/htdocs/blog/images/comprofiler/gallery/
4.) chmod it to 777
5.) copy /var/www/homeprodigy.com/htdocs/blog/components/com_comprofiler/images/gallery/ and its contents to /var/www/homeprodigy.com/htdocs/blog/images/comprofiler/gallery/

below is the entire message CB provided upon upload

Installation Process:
Administrator and frontend menus corrected.
1.0 Beta 4 to 1.0 RC 1 Upgrade Applied Successfully.
1.0 RC 1 to 1.0 RC 2 part 1 Upgrade Applied Successfully.
1.0 RC 1 to 1.0 RC 2 part 2 Upgrade Applied Successfully.
1.0 RC 1 to 1.0 RC 2 part 3 Upgrade Applied Successfully.
1.0 RC 2, 1.0 and 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 Upgrade Applied Successfully.
1.0.2 to 1.1 Upgrade Applied Successfully.

Automatic database upgrade to current version applied successfully. Click to Show details

Core CB database upgrades done. If all lines above are in green, database upgrade completed successfully. Otherwise, please report exact errors and queries to forum, and try checking database again in components : community builder : tools : check database.
/var/www/homeprodigy.com/htdocs/blog/images/comprofiler/ Failed to be to be created, please do so manually !
/var/www/homeprodigy.com/htdocs/blog/images/comprofiler/gallery/ Failed to be to be created, please do so manually !

Manually do the following:
1.) create /var/www/homeprodigy.com/htdocs/blog/images/comprofiler/ directory
2.) chmod it to 777
3.) create /var/www/homeprodigy.com/htdocs/blog/images/comprofiler/gallery/
4.) chmod it to 777
5.) copy /var/www/homeprodigy.com/htdocs/blog/components/com_comprofiler/images/gallery/ and its contents to /var/www/homeprodigy.com/htdocs/blog/images/comprofiler/gallery/
Second and last installation step of Community Builder Component (comprofiler) done successfully.

Installation finished. Important: Please read README.TXT and installation manual for further settings.

We also have a PDF installation guide as well as a complete documentation available on www.joomlapolis.com which will help you making the most out of your Community Builder installation, while supporting this project.

Post edited by: mike177, at: 2009/04/04 21:13

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #93819 by mike177
Replied by mike177 on topic Re:Installation Issues on Step 1
forgot to select notify.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn