Let's get it started geeffland!

Karma Me Up!
File Attachment:

FITcommunity
Joomla! 1.0.12 - Community Builder 1.0.2 - Joomlaboard 1.1.2
Own Mods Featured Profile Mod
My Real Day Job
File Attachment:

Mobile Wallet and Social Lending, Anywhere!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #13793 by ffaabbss
Replied by ffaabbss on topic Re:Welcome to your new board!
I don't know how to interpret this new board?!?

Is cb focusing on phpBB now for board of choice?

which of the briges is made for working with the plugin or better which brige does the plugin prefer?
that would be a great step if cb would natively power a establishe "true" board like phpbb and fully integrate with it.

Will it fully integrate? Shared login? user profile and administration through cb instead of phpBB?

will it interfere with joomly source or just cb source code if full integration would be possible?

i could imagine this to be fully integrated with cb in the future and cb fully with joomla. lol... so to say cb would be the perfect fully integrated bridge right? just dreaming probably.. sigh..

thx
fabs

17 years 11 months ago #13811 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Welcome to your new board!
fabs,

I guess to start I would not read much into this board being created. CB has not officially focused on phpBB. This is just a board to group comments and questions on the phpBB Connector plugin that Martijn and I had written.

I will try to answer some of your questions you had (you both beat me to posting on the new board)

2) The phpBB Connector does not require any other bridges to work. It only requires Joomla 1.0.x, and Community Builder (1.0 RC2 minimum), and of course a version of phpBB (full version NOT phpBB Component). It has been used with phpBB 2.0.17 thru 2.0.20.

3) Currently version 1.0.3 is under development but version 1.0.2 is available in the beta downloads area (moved around since 1.0 Stable came out). Version 1.0.2 or newer share logins with CB, does not hack Joomla, CB, or phpBB... only fixes one minor error in phpBB. It also shares updating of usernames and passwords. The full phpBB user profile has NOT yet been ported to this plugin NOR the administration of phpBB. Also phpBB is not integrated into the Joomla modules/components since it is not hacked. So a URL link or wrapper link will need to be added to a Joomla menu or link.

4) does not interfere with CB or Joomla but does require phpBB to be installed into the same database and website as Joomla.

5) Maybe a little bit of a dream but I don't think it is out of the question... will just take time to get there. (Not sure how to get phpBB full version to look like a component yet though except through the wrapper)

Hope this helps. When I get time I will post some of the other top FAQS about the connector...

Enjoy the new forum,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 11 months ago #13812 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Welcome to your new board!
Steve,

Thanks for the welcome.

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 11 months ago #13831 by ffaabbss
Replied by ffaabbss on topic Re:Welcome to your new board!
if the php profile has not been ported is there a way to disable or not display the whole board admin/registration and profile stuff on the frontend... because that gets really confusing for users to have to edit two profiles....

will the messages in phpbb when clicked on profile lead to cb profile or tp phpbb profile?

thx for your great efforts....

to point 5 again.... "it ill just take some time" (quote)... how much is "some" ... lol.. cannot wait to have a proper alterantive to joomlaboard and i think cb makes that very possible in the future right?

thx
fabs

17 years 11 months ago #13835 by homebrew
Replied by homebrew on topic Re:Welcome to your new board!
You can go into your phpbb template and change the href's for the profile and memberlist link to point to CB.

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn