Help? Everything was going great...and THEN...

17 years 9 months ago #14271 by arin
In a burst of madness, I decided to redo a guild website and add Joomla to go along with already existing phpbb forums.

SO...

I installed Joomla. Integrated the databases. Installed CB. Installed phpbb Connector plugin. Even imported phpbb users! After countless mishaps and much calling of myself an idiot, I finally got it all working! Yay, me! (I know way too little about doing all of this, but I faked it well!)

But THEN....

You can log into CB from the main site. But if you click on my forums link, you are not logged in to phpbb :( (Note: I have 2 forums links...one in a wrapper, one not, cuz I'm still trying to determine which way I want it.)

I know I must be doing something wrong, but I haven't a clue where to start looking :s

Any assistance would be appreciated :)

--arin

OH. Site is at: odt.arinsattic.com/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #14275 by arin
*coughs*

Well, then. No sooner did I post than it occurred to me to check my phpbb configuration and make sure my path settings were correct. Once I fixed the cookie settings...it worked!

So, um...thank you :D The plug in is terrific! The user (me) is ...meh!

17 years 9 months ago #14277 by geeffland
arin,

For the benefit of the other users can you post exactly which path setting you changed... (sounds like the cookie setting in the phpBB settings)

Thanks,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 9 months ago #15231 by Pinhead
I have the same set up..Except i just logged out now it no longer recognises any of my log ins

17 years 9 months ago #15233 by geeffland
Pinhead,

What error messages or screens do you see? Can't imagine the phpBB Connector messing up Joomla logins as it only adds data to the cb_phpbbid field in jos_comprofiler...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 9 months ago #15234 by Pinhead
Well i set my site to offline mode..now when i try log in none of my uernames work

i am using the CB login and th phpBB connector

I dont get a error..just Invalid username; Password

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn