Admin redirects

16 years 11 months ago #36264 by stodd
Admin redirects was created by stodd
When I click on the "Go To Administrator Control Panel" link at the bottom of my phpbb Forum, it redirects to my main home site home page (joomla, not phpbb).

When I try to go directly to the admin link:
http://.../ftlopforum/admin/index.php
it takes me to the phpbb forum home page (not the admin) and the url is the same as above with an appended sid=4586b923f6988...etc.

As a result, I can't seem to get to my phpbb administration control panel.

Any thoughts on what's going on or how I resolve this?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #36323 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Admin redirects
What changes or MODS have been done to phpBB? The connector itself does not modify any links for phpbb... so let's see what had been changed then we can try to find out why...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

16 years 11 months ago #37405 by stodd
Replied by stodd on topic Re:Admin redirects
I looked at the page_tail.php from the forum/includes directory where the Admin Link gets generated.

[code:1]$admin_link = ( $userdata == ADMIN ) ? '<a href="admin/index.' . $phpEx . '?sid=' . $userdata . '">' . $lang . '</a><br /><br />' : '';[/code:1]

My guess is that there is something wrong with the session ID part of the equation that makes the site bounce back to the home page everytime I click Admin Control Panel link in phpbb.

Any thoughts on how I could troubleshoot the session ID info?

Thanks
Stewart

16 years 11 months ago #37406 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Admin redirects
That part is reading the session_id from phpbb's own data... so most likely it is ok... but if you want to verify you can cross check with the phpbb_sessions table.

... Here is a quick guess though...
when going directly to that link I see that the URL of

http://...ftlopforum/login.php?redirect=admin/index.php&sid=64a94115b1f37ba772c9819043281371

is first used... Did you do anything to the login.php file for phpbb?

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

16 years 11 months ago #37411 by stodd
No, i compared my login.php with one from a clean install, and the files are the same.

Any other ideas?

I know it's not just my user name, because the other admin has the same redirect when clicking on the control panel link.

16 years 11 months ago #37602 by stodd
Just to be sure, I replaced my login.php with the clean login.php from the phpbb 2.0.22 downloadable package and the results were the same. Redirect to home page when clicking on the admin control panel link.

I also checked the page_tail.php which generated the admin control panel link against the new page_tail.php from the 2.0.22 install package and they are the same.

Any thoughts on what else it might be?

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds