mainmenu, usermenu and login disappear

16 years 11 months ago #37326 by songswift
mainmenu, usermenu and login disappear was created by songswift
Hi.
Great software, but I'm having a problem I can't quite figure out. I've placed the phpbb board in a wrapper page accessed via the usermenu. After I install the phpbb plugin-connector and sync users between cb and phpbb, all modules (in my template, mainmenu, usermenu and cb login in the left position) disappear from the cb details page and the registration confirmation page. I have no idea why this is happening. Because the board must be live, I've removed the CB details usermenu item, but I would definitely like to have that back.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #37330 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:mainmenu, usermenu and login disappear
Have not heard of this one before... Have you checked your menu settings to make sure you have selected for them to show up when viewing those pages?

What was the timeline of the errors... When did it work, what was installed, when did you notice it not working...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

16 years 11 months ago #37333 by songswift
Replied by songswift on topic Re:mainmenu, usermenu and login disappear
Yes. I've made sure that both mainmenu and usermenu are set for "All."

Timeline went like this:
1. Create phpbb board with attach_mod
2. Install CB
3. Create wrapper page for phpbb board and cb details usermenu item (everything ok at this point)
4. Install phpbb plugin-connector (everything still ok)
5. Sync users (menus disappear - but just on cb details page and with email notify turned off the registration confirmation page - i've since turned on email confirm to try and bypass this page for first-time users.)

I must be missing something simple.
Here's a link to the site (i removed the cb details usermenu item - can put it back if you like).
www.rsrf.org/antibodies_forum

16 years 5 months ago #49116 by otpuser
Replied by otpuser on topic Re:mainmenu, usermenu and login disappear
I have the same problem, After install--I lost some menus that were set to show based on groups (registered on one, special--authors on another, special--super admin on another). Any menu that was set to special does not show. Funny thing is, I have recreated menus from scratch to replace them, and they don't show either. If I create a new user with the sppropriate permissions (post cb install), the menus that I re-created show, but the ones prior to install do not. It appears that it has something to do with user group settings. If I set any of the menus to public, they show up fine.

I will continue to mess with creating users and menus to see if I can get it all working...

16 years 5 months ago #49167 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:mainmenu, usermenu and login disappear
Please post more details on your setup... host, php version, mysql version, joomla version, CB version, CB/phpbb Connector version, etc.

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

16 years 5 months ago #49601 by otpuser
Replied by otpuser on topic Re:mainmenu, usermenu and login disappear
I now cannot get menus to show unless they are set to "registered" or "public" now. Before CB install they were set to "Special" and Administrator/Super Administrator. Here is system info:

edit-removed

Post edited by: otpuser, at: 2007/11/17 23:44

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn