phpBB Login Issue

16 years 11 months ago #37431 by encorep
phpBB Login Issue was created by encorep
Hi There

I've just installed the community builder plugin (phpbbconnector_v103) and so far so good. All has gone well with the installation but I getting a login issue with the forum from Joomla to phpbb.

I've added a url-link in the usermenu to the forum using www.haunted-devon.co.uk/members-portal/forum/ and when going to the forum it shows me as logged in but I'm being asked to login again.

Also, when you click on a forum topic that you've posted under the CD tab on my profile in Joomla, the same is happening.

Now I sure this is to do with a cookie issue, so question is does the cookie for the phpbb forum need to be the same as the joomla cookie or is it something else.

If I can get this to work, its a fantastic plugin and I especially love the forum topics on the CD profile tab.

Thanks in advance

Regards

David James

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #37648 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Login Issue
Some of the later versions of phpbb seem to have become more particular about the SID being included in the link... Probably is a cookie issue as well but I have not found it yet.

Probably the easiest solution is to have you register at cbconnector.com and we can set you up to download the Alpha 4 of CB Connector... using that along with the CBC Wrapper will automatically append the SID to the URL...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

16 years 8 months ago #41487 by blackknightbl
Replied by blackknightbl on topic Re:phpBB Login Issue
Hi, I have the same problem.

16 years 8 months ago #41511 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Login Issue
Last time I messed with phpbb (phpbb3) to get the cookie working I went in and deleted the host name from the cookies screen made no sense to me but the cookies started working...

The other way to fix it is to append the SID on the URL (not easy to do straight from a menu option)... But as I mentioned in an earlier post (I think) I have a CBC Wrapper that when used with the CB Connector (v2 instead of phpbb connector v1.0.3) it will automatically append the SID on the URL. Also good to note is that the Wrapper can open the forum in a new window so it is not only good for wrapper use of the forum...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

16 years 7 months ago #44834 by Monclee
Replied by Monclee on topic Re:phpBB Login Issue

Probably the easiest solution is to have you register at cbconnector.com and we can set you up to download the Alpha 4 of CB Connector... using that along with the CBC Wrapper will automatically append the SID to the URL...

is it easy to install? i have been waiting for version 2.0 of phpbbconnector, hope you can help me out, How dificult can be to install Alpha 4 of CB connector.

Thanks, or there is another way to solve this?

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds