Plans for Phpbb Connector for Phpbb 3 RC1?

16 years 10 months ago #38904 by oldreb
Me too.
I have phpBB 2.0.22 with your connector but I've just started another site and the day that I was going to install phpBB they released RC1 so I went ahead and installed it on my new site.
I'm waiting for you to update the connector before I upgrade phpBB on my old site becasue I have many people on it that are used to the connector.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #38929 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Plans for Phpbb Connector for Phpbb 3 RC1?
I have started work on the phpbb3 plugin for the CB Connector... I will try to keep an update posted on the thread below (so I don't end up double posting everything)

cbconnector.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16

Thanks,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

16 years 10 months ago #38933 by Pruitt
Glad to hear there's some progress on the CB-phpBB3 Bridge! I just registered on your site to keep up to date on developments in your linked thread. :)

Good luck!! B)

16 years 10 months ago #39229 by Lamarck
Replied by Lamarck on topic Re:Plans for Phpbb Connector for Phpbb 3 RC1?
That would be great.

Your connector is amazing (I love both Joomla and phpbb,and I think that your connector is the best way to integrate both),and I think that compatibility with phpbb3 is a must now.

The new phpbb3 has amazing new features,and I'm sure that everyone will move from phpbb2 to phpbb3,so an update is needed.

I would be very happy if you develop it (and lots of people,sure).

Also...any plans for a future Joomla 1.5 + phpbb3?

16 years 10 months ago #39378 by geeffland
v2 will support phpbb3 and Joomla 1.0.x. It will go final before support for Joomla 1.5 will be implemented. Previous looks at J1.5 (which have been a while ago) indicated that a single plugin (as was written at the time) would not be able to support J1.5 and J1.0.x simultaneously (at least not easily). So my plan is the v2 supports Joomla 1.0.x and phpbb2/phpbb3 but the next version v2+ (say maybe 2.1) will be the first J1.5 plugin and v2 may be the last J1.0.x version...

Ironically I had planned on J1.5 support before phpbb3... but it looks like a stable phpbb3 will come before J1.5 (although I don't have intimate knowledge of phpbb3 or Joomla's position at the moment)

That's the plan anyway...

Greg

16 years 10 months ago #39440 by geeffland
New update posted on phpbb3 support status...

cbconnector.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=301#301

Greg

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn