Config Panel Problem CB1.1

16 years 7 months ago #43752 by Wiktor
Config Panel Problem CB1.1 was created by Wiktor
Hi,

i already searched on the whole forum the answser to this question, but didn't found anything

When I click on "go to the config panel" stuff, I get this message :

SQL errorDB function failed with error number 1267
Illegal mix of collations (latin1_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' SQL=SELECT count(*) as total FROM (jos_users as j INNER JOIN jos_comprofiler as cb ON j.id = cb.id) INNER JOIN phpbb_users as p ON cb.cb_phpbbid = p.user_id WHERE cb.approved='1' AND p.user_active='1' AND j.block='0' AND (j.username = p.username) AND (j.password = p.user_password) ORDER by j.id
SQL =

SELECT count(*) as total
FROM (jos_users as j INNER JOIN jos_comprofiler as cb ON j.id = cb.id)
INNER JOIN phpbb_users as p ON cb.cb_phpbbid = p.user_id
WHERE cb.approved='1' AND p.user_active='1' AND j.block='0' AND (j.username = p.username) AND (j.password = p.user_password)
ORDER by j.id

Could you please tell me what to do... I'm a newb then please tell me also how to do it..thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #43871 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Config Panel Problem CB1.1
What this error message is saying is that your databases for phpbb and Joomla have different collations (character encodings)

One table is using
latin1_general_ci
and the other is using
latin1_swedish_ci

So basically the MySQL database doesn't know how to compare those different values. You will need to make each of those tables

phpbb_users and jos_users have the same collation using phpMyAdmin or a similar tool...

For the exact steps needed to fix the error I would need to research... try checking google or phpMyAdmin for MySQL collations.

When you find the answer post a quick note indicating you have found the answer otherwise when I get a chance I will see what URLs might be helpful.

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn