Not approved user

16 years 1 month ago #57888 by andriukas1986
Not approved user was created by andriukas1986
hello

I have installed CB 1.1 version and CBconnector version 2.0 version beta3. Then i register new user he gets activation link and new password. On my site its ok it works but in CB when i want to see users it shows me that user is:
not confirmed
pending aproval

and on the forum didnt show that this user exist.
But when i mark in the CB user management:

Approve User: YES

then it shows in forum that user exist but password is wrong when i want to login

please help me

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #57889 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Not approved user
Not sure I completely understand...

When a new user registers they get sent an activation email... AND a new password? What is generating the new password?

Also not sure I understand "On my site its ok it works but in CB..." Do you have 2 sites you are testing on?

Please explain your setup here...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

16 years 1 month ago #57891 by andriukas1986
Replied by andriukas1986 on topic Re:Not approved user
The new user get activation with password generated by joomla :) sorry for bad english....

I want to say that in web site not in forum new account is working perfect. But in forum it shows that this new user exist but then i want to login it says me that password is incorrect ....

Post edited by: andriukas1986, at: 2008/02/29 16:44

16 years 1 month ago #57923 by andriukas1986
Replied by andriukas1986 on topic Re:Not approved user
Help me if you can ? because without it i will need to do separate forum and web site registration

16 years 1 month ago #57935 by geeffland
I guess one part I am having trouble with is the on my Joomla sites, when a user registers they pick their own password... so not sure where the joomla generated password is coming from... so whichever piece of software is generating the password is likely the issue as it is likely not connected to the CB Connector.

Another possiblity is that if you are using the Joomla login module versus the CB Login Module this will cause errors.

Greg

16 years 1 month ago #57936 by geeffland
Don't think this is what you are seeing but just in case...

When a user is newly imported or exported their passwords will be wrong in one of the two systems as the encryption is different between phpbb, phpbb3, and Joomla.

When that happens, the passwords are all automatically corrected (re-encrypted) when the user logs into Joomla ( CB ).

Greg

Post edited by: geeffland, at: 2008/02/29 23:32

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds